Alex's auction...a true sign of closing the book on Rush

HemiBeers

https://www.juliensauctions.com/about-auction?id=405

Shees...$75 just for a Catalogue. Selling Whitey is really the end of Rush. I would have thought he'd keep that forever.

Maybe we could take up a collection for one of these gems. Pass it around the forum like the Stanley Cup.

Meh...it's in Beverly Hills so some rich douchebags will buy it up for it's 'investment potential'.

I think it means that Alex is no longer looking back to the music he's done before. He's moved on. Cashing in, which he has earned the right to do, but is moving on all the same.

That's how it's 'more over' than it was before. At least that's how i see it.

Edited by grep
  • Like 4

Funny, Alex is auctioning off his most prized instruments, while Geddy has been collecting them. If and when Ged decides to start liquidating, that will be a huge unload.

Agreed, and if it is a public auction I would be a serious bidder.

Edited by 78jazz
  • Like 2

I think it means that Alex is no longer looking back to the music he's done before. He's moved on. Cashing in, which he has earned the right to do, but is moving on all the same.

That's how it's 'more over' than it was before. At least that's how i see it.

Alex has never looked back. Aside from touring until 2015 Nobody in the band has really looked back unless forced to do that in interviews.

IMO it's smart to do this while the band is still near peak relevance. It's scary to realize, but on a long enough timeline even Rush's glory is going to fade into history books. At least he gets to harvest some value from his fame, while it still has value. The timing is perfect. As soon as the last concert attendees die in say 50 years, Rush's mystique will be significantly faded. Memorabilia sales are all about fame/infamy/mystique. Edited by stoopid
  • Like 3

Fun to speculate at what Whitey would sell for. I'm guessing just over 6 figures.

I think it will make 7 figures.

I was involved with auctioning the white les paul bodied ES that he used on R40 and with Pearl Jam on RRHF and that made 6 figs.

Edited by Gassage
  • Like 1