5000 posts to 5 million! Who will the poster be and when will the post be made?

laughedatbytime

I will make the 5 millionth post on May 1st. I'll simply shut the board down when we get close -- even if it's for a week -- put up as many posts as needed to get to within one post, re-open the board at some point during the overnight when most of you are pissed off and slumbering, then immediately post #5 million.

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

superman-kneel-before-zod1.gif

• Like 12

I will make the 5 millionth post on May 1st. I'll simply shut the board down when we get close -- even if it's for a week -- put up as many posts as needed to get to within one post, re-open the board at some point during the overnight when most of you are pissed off and slumbering, then immediately post #5 million.

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Good work with all the 404 errors and general inaccessibility lately...impressive forethought.

;)

• Like 3

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Good work with all the 404 errors and general inaccessibility lately...impressive forethought.

;)

The fact that this site is in any way inaccessible is actually pretty depressing. Hopefully that won't be a concern in the near future.

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

I for one welcome our renegade Kryptonian overlords.....

:lol:

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

;)

The fact that this site is in any way inaccessible is actually pretty depressing. Hopefully that won't be a concern in the near future.

Soooooo...May 2nd, then? ;)

• Like 1

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

;)

Soooooo...May 2nd, then? ;)

Too bad we can't stretch it out to May 24. ;)

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Zelix is not amused.
  • Like 2

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Zelix is not amused.

Zelix' amusement is not my concern. Zelix will also kneel.

• Like 2

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

I for one welcome our renegade Kryptonian overlords.....

:lol:

What have we got to lose?

• Like 1

Now....KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Zelix is not amused.

Zelix' amusement is not my concern. Zelix will also kneel.

NEVER! Zod will kneel before the solid gold awesomeness of Zelix, in his name we pray.

Post count decreased back to a little over 4.83 million....

Yesterday I deleted several closed A-Z word game threads in GD (no need to archive those), and those threads accounted for tens of thousands of posts. And there's more deleting to do of similar threads in other forums like MoTS and RTB, so unfortunately that overall board count is going to decrease even more. :(

Interesting -- when we delete posts, our individual post counts don't go down, but the overall board's does.

so 165,500 posts until 5 million?

now it's a party! buckle up folks

For the moment. That deficit is going to be much larger before the week is out.

Why not do the purging after we hit the 5MM mark?

Or is it absolutely critical for performance at this point to do that trimming? If so.... would we ever really hit the 5MM mark?

Edited by grep