Lorraine has passed

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Would like to share the PM sent to Lorraine 16th March, 'Hi Lorraine,

Hope you're having a good day. Miss your input here, your prescence is sorely missed. I appreciate your individuality warmth, and general positive aura you gave. Take care bless you. Stephen'

• Like 10

Knowing Lorraine has made me a better person, and I cherish the memories I have of her. So funny, so kind and gracious. And great taste in music!

:rose:

• Like 15

I do wonder what will become of her husband?? She put up with a lot from him over the past few years.
  • Like 12

Very sad to hear of Lorraine’s passing. Like many here I made an instant connection with her and we had quite a few private messages that still make me chuckle. We are a community of people who only really share Rush and rock music and not much else. But we all shared Lorraine.

Rest in peace, your grace under pressure will never be forgotten.

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 14

So, so sad to hear about her passing.

:rose: :heart: :rose: :heart: :rose: :heart: :rose:

Rest in peace, lovely Lorraine,

Heaven has gained a precious Angel.

We will always remember you.

:rose: :heart: :rose: :heart: :rose: :heart: :rose:

• Like 10

Wow just saw this and it made me very sad. There is some comfort in knowing that she didn't just fade away from her on line group. One of those people that just stops posting and you wonder what happened to them. It makes me happy that that didn't happen to Lorraine. Some form of closure in the on line world we live in now. I will miss you Lorraine. I am going to play Quadrophenia in your memory.
  • Like 14

Finally, may you rest in peace. :rose:

Thanks to everybody who kept us informed.

• Like 14

Sad to lose our Lorraine, she made this forum a great place and her parting will leave a hole. I have kept her in my thoughts and prayers each day and I had a little moment yesterday where I felt she may have left us. Little did I know she was already gone.

I will cherish the fun and laughs we shared here, we didn't always agree on some things but she was as they say "a singular personality", she was one of a kind. Bless you sweet Lorraine, be at peace.

Thanks to all who kept in touch with her and for Cat and Blueschica's remembrances of her.

:rose: :rose: :monalisa: :rose: :rose: RIP

• Like 14

For someone I never met, I was sure thinking of her a lot. Since I came here in 2016, she had stood out as a bright light. Made me smile a couple of times at least.

Lorraine.... sunflowers will be planted soon. Also, I remember the Secaucus Rocks.

Again, rest in peace lady. You were awesome.

Suddenly you were gone, from all those lives you left your mark upon.....

Edited by grep
  • Like 11

Oh no...this is so sad! I was recently wondering how Lorraine was doing,I knew she was ill but it'd been a while since I checked in here. I always enjoyed the interactions we had. She was a very nice person. Rest in Peace, Sweet lady. :rose:
  • Like 11

Although we all feared this day was coming, the finality of it all is still difficult to deal with. Thank you, Lorraine, for letting us get to know you, and what a wise, strong, and courageous person you are. From what you shared, you did not have an easy life but you lived true to yourself and were generous with your thoughts, encouragement, and good wishes borne of the experience of a life well lived. I will miss your posts and the often deep conversations we had in DMs. It's hard to imagine this place without you.

Rest in peace, my friend. You have run the good race and fought the good fight.

• Like 14

Dear Lorraine, may you rest in God's eternal, loving arms, in beauty and in peace. :rose: :heart:
  • Like 10

Just last October she still made me giggle.

Somebody signed up to promote their new novel and got razzed pretty good right from the get go.

Then Lorraine chimes in with:

No one here knows how to read.Does it have pictures? Maybe we will buy it to look at the pictures.

• Like 11

d311f760e64fa72262cf36291c60fc25.jpg

Rest in Peace, Lorraine. :heart:

Edited by librarian
  • Like 13