Limelight from Toronto 3/25/81 Show Posted

TheGhostRider

Another song from the upcoming Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary has been released. It was just posted less than a minute ago. Here you go.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 6

Another song from the upcoming Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary has been released. It was just posted less than a minute ago. Here you go.

Imagine listening to this and thinking

"Nah, it's not good enough for the Exit Stage Left album."

:o

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/VuPTNahZSQI

Imagine listening to this and thinking

"Nah, it's not good enough for the Exit Stage Left album."

:o

Maybe they knew they were saving it for the 40th Anniversary Edition?

• Like 2

God! Get over yourselves! Just how many versions of this drivel do we have to listen to? Same crap over and over...

Ok, IT'S BRILLIANT! LOVED IT AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :dweez:

• Like 1

Again.......Rush at the very pinnacle of their live sonic greatness.....just creamy goodness.

Analog equipment plus Terry Brown equals this dreamy soundscape.

Never to be outdone. And I am not saying everything after is not brilliant. It just went to a different sonic soundscape. And would argue that Signals aged incredibly well in retrospect and I consider it part of this era.....it was the last true analog styled recording. Then the electronic drums and PPG Wave came into the fold and the sound went in another sonic direction (and I love that era too make no mistake P/G thru HYF).

The beauty of Rush is all their different sonic periods. It keeps things to this day so interesting and keeps their music fresh to this day.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

This sounds remarkably like the ESL video version. I know this was their sound at that stage - just not sure if this is the same show or not ... can't tell the difference.

Ged's bass sounds so much better in those old recordings. It sounds more prominent somehow.

Was it just his classic black-and-white Fender Jazz?

It was the Rick onstage then...

http://youtu.be/8QY9-_99b_4

For most of the show, yes.

Pics and video seems to indicate that YYZ saw the '72 Jazz.

As for the autotune comment, I am now curious to go back and relisten. I hope that it is truly not the case, but I won't hold my breath on it.

This sounds remarkably like the ESL video version. I know this was their sound at that stage - just not sure if this is the same show or not ... can't tell the difference.

Yeah I got excited with this new/old release then listened to a remastered ESL version by a guy called Stickhits and not sure. Stickhits has remastered all the Rush live videos. Here's the link for Limelight.

Never been a fan of this song, but if I were ever to choose a live version to listen to it would be the Exit..,Stage Left/ King Biscuit version.

Not going to listen to this one until it arrives in my mailbox but I hope it's closer to that version. Most live versions of this tend to be a borefest for me. So it would be nice to have something more inspiring to listen to.

Yeah I got excited with this new/old release then listened to a remastered ESL version by a guy called Stickhits and not sure. Stickhits has remastered all the Rush live videos. Here's the link for Limelight.

I’ve been following this guy’s channel for a while. He does the same thing I do with enhancing old Rush footage but 10x better than me. I believe he mentioned he’s an audio engineer so he knows how to alter the audio and make it sound better.

• Like 1

**Video not available in my country**

I'm in Canada FFS....unreal

You can use a VPN to watch the video. I’m in the same boat for a lot of Rush music videos post 1988. I have to use a VPN to watch them because they’re blocked in the US.

• Like 1