Peter Bowles dies aged 85

treeduck

Thought you`d be all over this one, treeduck. PB was a regular in what seemed like every British sitcom from the early 80s, as he`d nailed the posh/arrogant/slightly foolish character type perfectly. RIP.
  • Like 1

Thought you`d be all over this one, treeduck. PB was a regular in what seemed like every British sitcom from the early 80s, as he`d nailed the posh/arrogant/slightly foolish character type perfectly. RIP.

S

He's been in lots of things, To the Manor Born, The Bounder, Rumpole of the Bailey among others, plus made guest appearance in shows like The Saint, The Persuaders, Space 1999, the Prisoner.

My personal favourite show of his though is Only When I Laugh.

• Like 1

S

He's been in lots of things, To the Manor Born, The Bounder, Rumpole of the Bailey among others, plus made guest appearance in shows like The Saint, The Persuaders, Space 1999, the Prisoner.

Think I recall high praise from you and blackhawkrush back in a sitcom thread about OWIL. I remember it, but not really well - certainly got the theme music in my head now though!
  • Like 1

S

Think I recall high praise from you and blackhawkrush back in a sitcom thread about OWIL. I remember it, but not really well - certainly got the theme music in my head now though!

It was written by the same guy who did Rising Damp. When Rising Damp finished that was his next project.

• Like 1

S

It was written by the same guy who did Rising Damp. When Rising Damp finished that was his next project.

That was a great show. I was nicknamed Rigsby for a while, as someone reckoned I stood like him when I was standing on the cricket field. :lol:
  • Like 2

S

That was a great show. I was nicknamed Rigsby for a while, as someone reckoned I stood like him when I was standing on the cricket field. :lol:

Hmmmm I wouldn't be happy with that! :lol:

• Like 2