• Aerosmith (1973)
    • Get Your Wings (1974)
    • Toys In The Attic (1975)
    • Rocks (1976)
    • Draw The Line (1977)
    • Night In The Ruts (1979)
    • Permanent Vacation (1987)

Done With Mirrors has been eliminated.

15. Music From Another Dimension! (2012)

14. Honkin' On Bobo (2004)

13. Just Push Play (2001)

12. Nine Lives (1997)

11. Get A Grip (1993)

10. Rock In A Hard Place (1982)

9. Pump (1989)

8. Done With Mirrors (1985)

I got to say Rock in a Hard Place and Done with Mirrors are pretty good albums, better than everything that came after. I should have voted to eliminate Permanent Vacation sooner. And I think I like both albums better than the debut.
  • Like 1

Some records just weren`t strong enough to cope with the overplaying they had when I was a teenager; they sound pretty hackneyed and uninteresting now. Permanent Vacation is the poster boy of such listening ennui. Toys, Rocks and Wings live on.

I got to say Rock in a Hard Place and Done with Mirrors are pretty good albums, better than everything that came after. I should have voted to eliminate Permanent Vacation sooner. And I think I like both albums better than the debut.

The debut is tough, because it can be patchy. Write Me A Letter and Movin' Out don't do much for me. But One Way Street, their cover of Walkin' The Dog and, of course, Dream On are outstanding.

You all are no fun. I think everyone here could use a vacation!

I definitely could. But Permanent Vacation has outlasted 2 albums that blow it away.

We saw the same thing in the ZZ Top polls. Seems we have two factions here, the ones who like the edgier older material from the '70s, and the ones who prefer the more mainstream-sounding commercially-successful MTV-era output from the '80s.

• Like 1

I definitely could. But Permanent Vacation has outlasted 2 albums that blow it away.

We saw the same thing in the ZZ Top polls. Seems we have two factions here, the ones who like the edgier older material from the '70s, and the ones who prefer the more mainstream-sounding commercially-successful MTV-era output from the '80s.

Feels like there are quite a few bands that could replace the words "ZZ Top" in that sentence. :codger:
  • Like 1

Feels like there are quite a few bands that could replace the words "ZZ Top" in that sentence. :codger:

No doubt. ZZ Top was a very recent poll so that one came to mind first.

• Like 1

Yeah it does happen like every time, lol. I just thought Aerosmith might be a bit different, cuz I know I’ve seen some love for Pump and PV around this forum before. I guess the further you get from 1973 things just get exponentially worse to most people!