Alex Lifeson guitars to be auctioned in May

treeduck

On 5/18/2022 at 3:53 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Likewise. I know the white 355 is the trademark Alex guitar and I'd love to have it, but given the choice I think I'd go with this one.

The one I'd want as well. Since I saw the MTV concert when I was in junior high

14 hours ago, LeChuck said:

I couldn't find a link showing if the Jose Ramirez classical guitar sold (and if so for how much).  Anyone know?

That one was the most intriguing to me since it said he used it in the studio for 'La Villa' and 'The Trees' (and in some of the music videos back then).  I'm not a guitar player either, but the thought of being in the same room with that guitar kind of blows my mind.

PS - I wonder which guitar he recorded 'Closer to the Heart' on?  From the descriptions, it doesn't sound like it's any of these.  I wonder if he still has that guitar synth from 'Hemispheres' too.

Perhaps the Ramirez did not meet its reserve.

The '76 Gibson Dove was used in the studio for 'Closer to the Heart', as well as a Gibson B-45 12-string.  Here's a link to the auctioned Dove: RUSH: ALEX LIFESON CLOSER TO THE HEART STUDIO AND STAGE PLAYED 1976 GIBSON DOVE ACOUSTIC GUITAR (WITH UK WORK PERMIT AND TOUR BOOK) WITH NFT (julienslive.com)

On 5/15/2022 at 11:22 PM, RAY4583 said:

To answer your question, all 462 pages of this gorgeous, hard cover book are dedicated solely to Alex.  I can’t recommend the purchase of this book strongly enough.  It is a prized addition to my collection, and well-worth the money.  Anybody who considers himself or herself to be a real Rush fan needs to have this. 

How many copies of the signed editions were printed? I have no problem settling for one unsigned but a signed copy might be nice.

Edited by ytserush
typo

7 hours ago, dream & vapour said:

The '76 Gibson Dove was used in the studio for 'Closer to the Heart', as well as a Gibson B-45 12-string.  Here's a link to the auctioned Dove: RUSH: ALEX LIFESON CLOSER TO THE HEART STUDIO AND STAGE PLAYED 1976 GIBSON DOVE ACOUSTIC GUITAR (WITH UK WORK PERMIT AND TOUR BOOK) WITH NFT (julienslive.com)

Interesting, I didn't even realize there was a 6-string acoustic on 'Closer to the Heart'.  The 12-string is the one I'm curious about - that's not in the auction right?

I kind of like the Auction Catalog as a companion to the Big Beautiful Book of Bass.

They aren't exactly the same thing.... but it's all good enough.

Now we just need something on Neil's drums.  Maybe one day.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I wonder if Jim Irsay bought one of Al's guitars to add to his already stunning collection?

http://guitar.com/features/collections/the-greatest-guitar-collection-on-earth/

No word on Al, but he did get Kurt Cobain's '69 Fender Mustang, $4.5 million.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kurt-cobains-smells-teen-spirit-guitar-sells-45m-auction-rcna30044.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, ytserush said:

How many copies of the signed editions were printed? I have no problem settling for one unsigned but a signed copy might be nice.

Where are these signed copies of the catalog mentioned?  I looked around and all I see mentioned / for sale are the normal (presumably unsigned) copies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LeChuck said:

Where are these signed copies of the catalog mentioned?  I looked around and all I see mentioned / for sale are the normal (presumably unsigned) copies.

Looked into this a little bit and it appears that there were 100 signed copies available on the backstage club. and the rest are unsigned. Must not have seen the "signed" part of the announcement at the time and decided to hold off on buying one but who knows how quickly they sold out.