Rush In Rio Bonus Track Audio/Video Merge

TheGhostRider

Mods please remove if this is the wrong place to post.

The below text is just the description I wrote for the Video.

After doing some research I discovered that one of the Bonus Tracks on the Rush In Rio CD had a corresponding Bootleg video. I located the video and got to work enhancing the Video using AI, converting the video to 60FPS, and Stabilizing the video as well. The audio and video were a perfect match and merged together well. I hope to do more projects like these in the near future.

• Like 7

Curious,

Yes your work is really good and the rendering and conversion is awesome!

I hope you DO, do more projects like this.

But, I ask honestly, what makes one concert, or one song more "workable" than another?

There must be thousands of versions of concerts and songs out there.

I am not bringing up the "there is nothing in the vault" card, but why this song on a bonus track, on a bootleg that got your attention?

Is it because you found a "source-code" to be user friendly, a good starting point to begin an audiophile project?

There are countless bootlegs, why now?

I sincerely thank you for your thoughts :rush:

Curious,

Yes your work is really good and the rendering and conversion is awesome!

I hope you DO, do more projects like this.

But, I ask honestly, what makes one concert, or one song more "workable" than another?

There must be thousands of versions of concerts and songs out there.

I am not bringing up the "there is nothing in the vault" card, but why this song on a bonus track, on a bootleg that got your attention?

Is it because you found a "source-code" to be user friendly, a good starting point to begin an audiophile project?

There are countless bootlegs, why now?

I sincerely thank you for your thoughts :rush:

It’s a hobby mainly. I’m a huge fan of the band and I enjoy finding these hidden gems and working on them. I did this video in particular because I loved that particular version of Vital Signs a lot and was surprised to find out there was a bootleg video of that show so decided to merge them together. Also some concerts are beyond my abilities. I’m not a super skilled video editor and some of them require more experienced video editors than me. I have some other projects I’ve done that are far from done and honestly with all that I’ve learned now could be done better.

• Like 2

I get that the audio is a bonus on the RiR CD, but is the source of that audio from that tour? It sounds much earlier in their career, based on Geddy's voice.

I get that the audio is a bonus on the RiR CD, but is the source of that audio from that tour? It sounds much earlier in their career, based on Geddy's voice.

Can confirm it was recorded on 19th Oct 2002 at the Quebec City gig - the same gig that video footage is taken from. I think in general Geddy's vocals were very strong on the Vapor Trails Tour, I'm guessing because they were so well rested after not touring for 5 years. https://www.rhino.com/product/in-rio

• Like 2

It’s definitely from that tour. Before I synced the audio I compared the original audio from the camcorder and it was a perfect match.

• Like 1

Can confirm it was recorded on 19th Oct 2002 at the Quebec City gig - the same gig that video footage is taken from. I think in general Geddy's vocals were very strong on the Vapor Trails Tour, I'm guessing because they were so well rested after not touring for 5 years. https://www.rhino.com/product/in-rio

Thanks for confirming.

• Like 1

After doing some research I discovered that one of the Bonus Tracks on the Rush In Rio CD had a corresponding Bootleg video. I located the video and got to work enhancing the Video using AI, converting the video to 60FPS, and Stabilizing the video as well. The audio and video were a perfect match and merged together well. I hope to do more projects like these in the near future.

Thank you for doing this! I've had the CD set (and DVD) since the day it came out, and I had no idea there was a bonus video of Vital Signs on the CD! Could you share how you extracted this? I put the 3rd CD in my disk drive of my MacBook Pro, and I can't find anything besides the tracks.

All the same, thank you for your restoration work and for posting it on YouTube! :)

Thank you for doing this! I've had the CD set (and DVD) since the day it came out, and I had no idea there was a bonus video of Vital Signs on the CD! Could you share how you extracted this? I put the 3rd CD in my disk drive of my MacBook Pro, and I can't find anything besides the tracks.

All the same, thank you for your restoration work and for posting it on YouTube! :)

The video is from a bootleg of the show, I gather, and is not part of the RIR set.

The video is from a bootleg of the show, I gather, and is not part of the RIR set.

Right, not from the official RiR capture. We have the audio from the CD and a bootleg video of the exact same performance that the audio is from (that was wasn't clear to me earlier), so TGR married the "official" audio with the bootleg video.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

It’s from an unofficial video. I just merged the official audio with the video. But if you want the video of the show I’d be happy to send it to you.

• Like 1