Rick Beato - Xanadu

treeduck

Xanadu is my favorite but I was a little bored with Rick's breakdown "listen to this guitar part" "listen to these drum fills" etc...

I already know the song like the back of my hand :)

Bet many of the people watching Rick's videos are not as familiar with Rush so he's preaching to them. I thank him for his unabashed love for the band and that he is still talking about their talent when so many other "experts" ignored them for years. It was a bright spot to my day to watch it.. :ebert:

• Like 2

Well... I like Rick but I doubt he`ll convince of his premise. :no:

I was wondering ...

What would you see is your Fav

7 min long Rush song then ?

Me neither.

I don't necessarily dislike that song, but I would hardly consider it to be Rush's best epic tune.

I felt the same way until I saw the live version from the ESL video. That version of Xanadu is a top-5 favorite Rush song for me, and part of that is because we get to watch the boys put on a clinic in multi-tasking, making three guys sound like five, yet despite all the technology that their heads, hands and feet are manipulating, the music still sounds organic and musical and powerful. For me, that song on that tour is Rush at the height of their powers.

Yep , for the reasons you’ve quite eloquently listed , I totally agree & think

that the ESL version even surpasses the AFTK original

Just before Covid broke out , I went to my Boss’ funeral on Feb 14th 2020

as he’d unfortunately passed away after battling cancer.

He was a big Elvis & Elton John fan and so choose ( or rather his family did

on his behalf ) those artists for the beginning & end of the service.

I hope to be around on this planet for quite a few decades to come

, but I made up my mind there & then , that I’d like the extremely atmospheric

intro of the ESL live version Xanadu to be playing

( the video version of the intro on a big screen ideally )

at the start of the service.

( End of service song : The Spirit Carries On by DT )

I was wondering ...

Natural Science - by a Hemispheres vs Snakes and Arrows sized margin. Xanadu would not be second either.

I was wondering ...

Natural Science - by a Hemispheres vs Snakes and Arrows sized margin. Xanadu would not be second either.

Yeah I rate Natural Science ️ it’s my 2nd Fav Rush ‘ Epic ‘

• Like 2

Me neither.

I don't necessarily dislike that song, but I would hardly consider it to be Rush's best epic tune.

I felt the same way until I saw the live version from the ESL video. That version of Xanadu is a top-5 favorite Rush song for me, and part of that is because we get to watch the boys put on a clinic in multi-tasking, making three guys sound like five, yet despite all the technology that their heads, hands and feet are manipulating, the music still sounds organic and musical and powerful. For me, that song on that tour is Rush at the height of their powers.

Yep , for the reasons you’ve quite eloquently listed , I totally agree & think

that the ESL version even surpasses the AFTK original

Just before Covid broke out , I went to my Boss’ funeral on Feb 14th 2020

as he’d unfortunately passed away after battling cancer.

He was a big Elvis & Elton John fan and so choose ( or rather his family did

on his behalf ) those artists for the beginning & end of the service.

I hope to be around on this planet for quite a few decades to come

, but I made up my mind there & then , that I’d like the extremely atmospheric

intro of the ESL live version Xanadu to be playing

( the video version of the intro on a big screen ideally )

at the start of the service.

( End of service song : The Spirit Carries On by DT )

Hopefully a long way off but my friend insists that at his funeral the congregation will have to sit through the full Xanadu from ESL followed by Supper's Ready.

• Like 1

I love Rick Beato and enjoy his videos a great deal. Sharp guy.
  • Like 3

Oh, this notion is far too in the "Which among your children is your favorite?" vein to address.

Nice. My first thought was "so has this guy not listened to La Villa?". But it's all a matter of personal taste isn't it?

Oh, this notion is far too in the "Which among your children is your favorite?" vein to address.

Nice. My first thought was "so has this guy not listened to La Villa?". But it's all a matter of personal taste isn't it?

It’s not a “which song is best” but his favorite. Big difference.

OK I'll take your word for it but the title of the clip is "Xanadu: why this is Rush's greatest song" not why I THINK this is Rush's greatest song. Just sayin'.

OK I'll take your word for it but the title of the clip is "Xanadu: why this is Rush's greatest song" not why I THINK this is Rush's greatest song. Just sayin'.

Just sayin’, if you’d actually watched the video you would know he said “to me”, as in that the song was his favorite. There is no such thing as best in the broader sense.

Just sayin’, if you’d actually watched the video you would know he said “to me”, as in that the song was his favorite. There is no such thing as best in the broader sense.

OK