Aquaman TV Show??

Batman

From the E! web site soo take it for what its worth.

The Hollywood trade papers boosted the buzz Monday with confirmation that an Aquaman pilot will be shot next year in Florida, where the potential series would be set.

Smallville's Alfred Gough and Miles Millar will executive produce. Like their current WB series, the duo's Aquaman pilot will not be rife with capes, tights and codpiece accoutrements. Rather, the show will be a "grounded version of the Aquaman mythology," Gough told Daily Variety.

FULL STORY

I think they should just run with what they started on Smallville as for how to portray Arthur. He's young, he's brash and he's an ecology activist with ummmm special abilities. The guy that played him on Smallville was perfect for the part also IMO. Any shows based on comics is great, but AQUAMAN??? I dunno why they pick a character that's only destined to fail. Unless they think they can load the show up with a ton of cheesecake and beefcake. I mean, if you had to pick anyone to do a show about, it's definitely bruce wayne in his training days before becoming Bats. I know they had discussed this rather seriously at one point, but it fell through the cracks. If for some reason Batman couldn't be done, then still... WHY AQUAMAN??? So many characters with so much more depth. NO PUN INTENDED. laugh.gif But again... just glad that there's another superhero show coming out.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 18 2005, 08:14 AM)
I think they should just run with what they started on Smallville as for how to portray Arthur. He's young, he's brash and he's an ecology activist with ummmm special abilities. The guy that played him on Smallville was perfect for the part also IMO. Any shows based on comics is great, but AQUAMAN??? I dunno why they pick a character that's only destined to fail. Unless they think they can load the show up with a ton of cheesecake and beefcake. I mean, if you had to pick anyone to do a show about, it's definitely bruce wayne in his training days before becoming Bats. I know they had discussed this rather seriously at one point, but it fell through the cracks. If for some reason Batman couldn't be done, then still... WHY AQUAMAN??? So many characters with so much more depth. NO PUN INTENDED. laugh.gif But again... just glad that there's another superhero show coming out.

I was thinking the same thing.

They did try a "Batman" theme show Birds of Prey that was...... well it was showing some promise before the pulled it off the air.

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 18 2005, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 18 2005, 08:14 AM)
I think they should just run with what they started on Smallville as for how to portray Arthur.  He's young, he's brash and he's an ecology activist with ummmm special abilities.  The guy that played him on Smallville was perfect for the part also IMO.  Any shows based on comics is great, but AQUAMAN???  I dunno why they pick a character that's only destined to fail.  Unless they think they can load the show up with a ton of cheesecake and beefcake.  I mean, if you had to pick anyone to do a show about, it's definitely bruce wayne in his training days before becoming Bats.  I know they had discussed this rather seriously at one point, but it fell through the cracks.  If for some reason Batman couldn't be done, then still... WHY AQUAMAN???  So many characters with so much more depth.  NO PUN INTENDED.  laugh.gif  But again... just glad that there's another superhero show coming out.

I was thinking the same thing.

They did try a "Batman" theme show Birds of Prey that was...... well it was showing some promise before the pulled it off the air.

it showed a LOT of promise. What was it lacking? BATS. It needed more flashbacks of the Bat and it would have made it i think. It held true to a lot of different stages of continuity, which like Smallville, is cool. I love the Huntress being a child of Bats and Cats. Though I love her the way she is now also, this was my first introduction to THE HUNTRESS when i was a teen, so it was way cool for me. I always thought they could have incorporated her after the Crisis in a better way than they did. I love Helena, don't get me wrong, but the child of Bruce and Selina is so much better. They could have pulled a CABLE and explained her that way. That she survived the Crisis somehow and i'm sure we'd get used to it. Imagine how weird it would be for Bruce and Selina, who had never had relations yet. Cool. But then again, they haven't paid me yet to write for them, so what do i know?

I was wondering if they were thinking of bringing Nightwing into it I seem to remember them saying something about him.

They sure could have done a better job with setting up the show it took four weeks for most things to get explained.

As for more Batman the Batman and Robin movie kinda ruin that the were afraid I think of people linking that with this show.

Who knows maybe we'll see a DC channel sometime in the future and they may bring it back.

If the Aqua-Teen show does Ok there's always hope.