Dave Mustaine...is he still bitter??

treeduck

Yep, Lars and James still live rent free in Tiffany's head. Imagine having your biggest crossover success...almost a year after your ex band's self titled international superstar making album.

yP0TYh9.gif

You know the reason Megadeth made that album was because of how successful the black album was, right? There was no way Megadeth was going to make it huge before Metallica. They don't have the universal appeal the way Metallica does.

Yes, Dave is still bitter and it's made him a better and more consistently good songwriter than his former band mates.

Who's Tiffany?

The 2nd tier Debbie Gibson. If only his drinking didn't effect his behavior, Mustaine COULD'VE BEEN in the band longer.

Debbie Gibson is still hot, Tiffany is fat now.

Here's Debbie in 2022:

images_uploads_gallery_Debbie_Gibson_photo_credit_Nick_Spanos.jpg

• Like 1

He does seem bitter but I don't know why. He was able to find wealth and success despite being booted out. Think of the musicians like Brian Jones and the Beatles' first drummer who had to watch on from obscurity. He should get over it!

He does seem bitter but I don't know why. He was able to find wealth and success despite being booted out. Think of the musicians like Brian Jones and the Beatles' first drummer who had to watch on from obscurity. He should get over it!

He should, but that's not a given. I was let go from a job I loved in 2015 because oil and gas all of a sudden just wasn't profitable anymore, and even though they gave me a substantial severance package and I had great jobs since then, it still hurts. So I can relate to Dave.

Yep, Lars and James still live rent free in Tiffany's head. Imagine having your biggest crossover success...almost a year after your ex band's self titled international superstar making album.

yP0TYh9.gif

You know the reason Megadeth made that album was because of how successful the black album was, right? There was no way Megadeth was going to make it huge before Metallica. They don't have the universal appeal the way Metallica does.

Yes, Dave is still bitter and it's made him a better and more consistently good songwriter than his former band mates.

Who's Tiffany?

The 2nd tier Debbie Gibson. If only his drinking didn't effect his behavior, Mustaine COULD'VE BEEN in the band longer.

Went full Karen on her audience last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64UiD3UFW6E

• Like 1

yP0TYh9.gif

Who's Tiffany?

I anyone wants to listen to I Think We're Alone Now PLEASE go with the original by Tommy James &N The Shondells. Absolutely pop gold.

• Like 1

I don't think Mustaine lasts in Metallica regardless of how much anybody was drinking. Him and Lars just wouldn't have gotten along and he would have quit or got fired anyways.

Given their tendencies towards type A personalities, I will agree with this.

I saw Megadeth in September. Given Dave's speech before the encore, I would be surprised if he still possesses any animosity. I suspect he is thankful he is still alive.

Good for him. I plan to see them again on this next run of dates they are on (and the tickets are CHEAP too. I may see it multiple times, for Megadeth brings more energy than Metallica as a performing band these days).

• Like 1

I don't think Mustaine lasts in Metallica regardless of how much anybody was drinking. Him and Lars just wouldn't have gotten along and he would have quit or got fired anyways.

I saw Megadeth in September. Given Dave's speech before the encore, I would be surprised if he still possesses any animosity. I suspect he is thankful he is still alive.

Good for him. I plan to see them again on this next run of dates they are on (and the tickets are CHEAP too. I may see it multiple times, for Megadeth brings more energy than Metallica as a performing band these days).

The fact does and always will remain, that Megadeth has better musicians than Metallica.

• Like 4

The fact does and always will remain, that Megadeth has better musicians than Metallica.

That's another reason Dave would have left Metallica. The rest of them couldn't keep up with his musicianship.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. Metallica has certainly never lacked any energy when I've seen them live. Megadeth does play smaller venues than Metallica. So perhaps they seem to hit harder live due to the more intimate setting. There's a bit of a difference trying to compare the energy of a band live when one consistently plays arenas and stadiums while the other usually plays places in the 2,000 - 4,000 range.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's fair to include Brian Jones in that list considering he was only alive a month after he left the band.

• Like 3

I don't know about that. Metallica has certainly never lacked any energy when I've seen them live. Megadeth does play smaller venues than Metallica. So perhaps they seem to hit harder live due to the more intimate setting. There's a bit of a difference trying to compare the energy of a band live when one consistently plays arenas and stadiums while the other usually plays places in the 2,000 - 4,000 range.

The crowd may have been double the size between the times I have seen those bands, but I am not convinced that necessarily affects the energy level. I do not buy into the "intimate" thing the way a lot of other people do either, so that may be coloring my vision on this.

I like Metallica as well, so this isn't a criticism of them as a band.

yP0TYh9.gif

Who's Tiffany?

I anyone wants to listen to I Think We're Alone Now PLEASE go with the original by Tommy James &N The Shondells. Absolutely pop gold.

http://youtu.be/IkMFLUXTEwM

The song that dethroned the Tiffany remake at number on in November 1987 was another TJ & the Shondells remake. Billy's is way better than Tiffany's.

I'm not sure if it's fair to include Brian Jones in that list considering he was only alive a month after he left the band.

Poor Brian. Drugs and alcohol got the best of him and he could no longer function as a member of the band he founded.

http://youtu.be/DFdxha29pWI

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

yP0TYh9.gif

Who's Tiffany?

The song that dethroned the Tiffany remake at number on in November 1987 was another TJ & the Shondells remake. Billy's is way better than Tiffany's.

Yeah it's very good but I still prefer the original but I'm old and had it on 45 so that's what my brain wrapped around initially. Joan did a very good job with Crimson & Clover too but again. give me the original.

yP0TYh9.gif

Who's Tiffany?

Yeah it's very good but I still prefer the original but I'm old and had it on 45 so that's what my brain wrapped around initially. Joan did a very good job with Crimson & Clover too but again. give me the original.

As a kid in the 80s the Tiffany version was the only one that I knew.

Ah yes Metallica. The soyjack's proof that they're into metal.

I suspect Mustaine is jealous of the scope of his ex-band's success, not of the band itself. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder over that.

Are you not a Metallica fan? I've never been a Metallica fan, I just don't get it... :huh:

I really like the first three albums, after that they are woeful.

Woeful?

I don't understand how somebody can like the first three Metallica albums and not like Justice. Everything they do best is on full display with that album. Just like it is with Lightning and Puppets.

• Like 2