• Draw The Line (1977)
    • Night In The Ruts (1979)
    • Rock In A Hard Place (1982)
    • Done With Mirrors (1985)
    • Permanent Vacation (1987)
    • Pump (1989)
    • Get A Grip (1993)

Nine Lines and Just Push Play have been eliminated/

15. Music From Another Dimension! (2012)

14. Honkin' On Bobo (2004)

13. Just Push Play (2001)

12. Nine Lives (1997)

You guys are making a mistake. Please listen to Rock in a Hard Place and then tell me Get a Grip is a better album.

This is a great song...but man does Steven look rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-TSvxZ40RQ

:haz:

Here's a review of the album that is in line with your thoughts, Rick... "In theory a disaster," observed Classic Rock magazine, "in practice, an unlikely triumph. Never mind the Spinal Tap-anticipating Stonehenge cover – Rock in a Hard Place is one kick-ass album… 'Lightning Strikes', 'Bolivian Ragamuffin' and 'Joanie's Butterfly' are classic Aerosmith songs – no matter who played on them."

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

You guys are making a mistake. Please listen to Rock in a Hard Place and then tell me Get a Grip is a better album.

This is a great song...but man does Steven look rough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-TSvxZ40RQ

Here's a review of the album that is in line with your thoughts, Rick... "In theory a disaster," observed Classic Rock magazine, "in practice, an unlikely triumph. Never mind the Spinal Tap-anticipating Stonehenge cover – Rock in a Hard Place is one kick-ass album… 'Lightning Strikes', 'Bolivian Ragamuffin' and 'Joanie's Butterfly' are classic Aerosmith songs – no matter who played on them."

And, actually, one of my favorite songs is the title track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPr3QZwSwN8

And Jailbait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm2PWJiqBlE

• Like 2

I probably don't know enough about the whole discography to vote intelligently (USA! USA!), but am I crazy for liking Done With Mirrors? That was the first Aerosmith album I bought (it was touted as a "comeback" or "reunion" album, I vaguely recall), and I can still hum the chorus of "She's On Fire" to myself. It thought the follow-ups to that one were more glam-y, more MTV-y and less heavy.
  • Like 2

I probably don't know enough about the whole discography to vote intelligently (USA! USA!), but am I crazy for liking Done With Mirrors? That was the first Aerosmith album I bought (it was touted as a "comeback" or "reunion" album, I vaguely recall), and I can still hum the chorus of "She's On Fire" to myself. It thought the follow-ups to that one were more glam-y, more MTV-y and less heavy.

I'm going to support Done with Mirrors over anything that came after it.

• Like 5

• Like 3

Pump is still their best album to me!

I think it`s of its time, which is not necessarily a criticism, just the way it feels to me - it makes sense that you don`t feel that way :codger:

Is there anything that feels more early 90s than the film True Romance featuring The Other Side?

Those are the two I chose to boot at this stage. I like DWM, PV & Pump just a bit more than RIAHP but I get your annoyance.

I like it better than all of those. Not by a lot but it's closer to classic era than most of the Desmond Child-era stuff.

• Like 1

Pump is still their best album to me!

I think it`s of its time, which is not necessarily a criticism, just the way it feels to me - it makes sense that you don`t feel that way :codger:

Is there anything that feels more early 90s than the film True Romance featuring The Other Side?

I suppose that’s true. In 20 years time I’m sure trap will invariably sound like 2017 to me (at least I hope it passes out of the mainstream by then!)

• Like 1

Get A Grip's best songs are the ones that don't get played on radio. Cryin', Crazy and Amazing can sod off.

Crazy and Amazing are just okay, but don’t take Cryin’ from me! That little a capella break towards the end is one of the best moments they ever recorded!

:haz: :haz:

• Like 2