Anyone familiar with Open Shell or Classic Shell program for Windows?

blueschica

Is anyone familiar with either of these programs? My mom had just had the worst time trying to get on her computer since getting the latest Windows. ( I forget which one it is, I will see it tomorrow when I go over.).

I keep seeing that this Open Shell program will make the screen look like Windows 7, which would be good for her. I am a little worried because it is open source and it's a download from Github? Not really familiar with it and I was wondering if anyone has used it or heard of it. Thanks!

If you find a way to make almost the entire world look like 1974, you`ll have two pre-orders from my parents. ;) But this might work?

http://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/how-to-make-windows-11-look-like-windows-7#:~:text=Click%20the%20drop%2Ddown%20menu,be%20aligned%20to%20the%20left.&text=2.,menu%20when%20you%20click%20it.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Is anyone familiar with either of these programs? My mom had just had the worst time trying to get on her computer since getting the latest Windows. ( I forget which one it is, I will see it tomorrow when I go over.).

I keep seeing that this Open Shell program will make the screen look like Windows 7, which would be good for her. I am a little worried because it is open source and it's a download from Github? Not really familiar with it and I was wondering if anyone has used it or heard of it. Thanks!

Been using that for years and really like it.

• Like 1

shell.jpg

shell-game.jpg

shell-bra.jpg

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: h7ctHFMm.png

I was trying to post those pics about 12 hours ago but the forum was going haywire. I had about 4 or 5 tries until I finally got them posted. :wacko: :hi:

• Like 1

If you find a way to make almost the entire world look like 1974, you`ll have two pre-orders from my parents. ;) But this might work?

http://www.techradar...n you click it.

Thank you! It looks like there are some changes I can make to her Windows to make it look more like what mom is used to using. Always a challenge! She always said she had no problem using the computer; she did it at work for years. We unfortunately found out after my dad passed away that what she did all those years at her job was data entry with a certain program. She really didn't have an idea about how to enter a web address, how to use a drop down menu, etc. She is getting better at it but the latest Windows has been a challenge. Thank you for the website!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Been using that for years and really like it.

Thank you, BP! Good to hear from an actual user. I think I'm going to try this, or at least make some changes to make things easier for her to get to on the screen.

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone! I was able to clean up mom's desktop a lot (which was most of the problem) and make some stuff easier to access, so we didn't do Open Shell at this time. Hopefully her ancient computer will hang in there a bit longer since she loves it. :)
  • Like 3