Sea of Tranquillity youtube channel

treeduck

I've watched a few of their "best of" countdown videos. Pretty good, the host and his guests know their stuff, but the video run times are really long and some of the commentary gets a little repetitive.

I used to watch a load of these videos, but I don't know I'm like meh now when I see one the videos pop up on my youtube page.

• Like 1

He keeps to a consistent video release schedule, which is good, and he’s very well informed and has decent opinions on a lot of stuff. But I generally agree with 73, his runtimes are super long and he does get monotonous after a while.
  • Like 2

I've really gone off this channel for some reason. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the "Hudson Valley Squares" segment? I hardly watch it now.

I've felt that recently too. But lately I find the only opinion I care about is my own.

I used to love this channel but lately...it's felt a bit overly snobby

• Like 3

He keeps to a consistent video release schedule, which is good, and he’s very well informed and has decent opinions on a lot of stuff. But I generally agree with 73, his runtimes are super long and he does get monotonous after a while.

Yeah there's too many long videos. When I see a video that's 1 hour 48 minutes long, I'm thinking no way am I watching that.

• Like 1

I've really gone off this channel for some reason. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the "Hudson Valley Squares" segment? I hardly watch it now.

I've felt that recently too. But lately I find the only opinion I care about is my own.

I used to love this channel but lately...it's felt a bit overly snobby

I think you're right, since he got all his buddies on board it feels like you're watching a private club with all their silly rules and bullshit.

• Like 2

We did a few podcasts with Sonic Perspectives as well, but...

1) It didn't get as many views as I hoped for;

2) It involved A LOT of preparation, at least on my part; and

3) After a while, it became a bunch of inside jokes with all the collaborators of the site, with little interest for those outside that circle of friends...so we stopped doing them.

• Like 1

And I will definitely give him credit for getting me back into listening to Led Zeppelin when he praised Physical Graffiti one day as their best album (which I agreed with.) I haven't listened to so much Led Zeppelin since I was in 10th-12th grade.

In fact, the more I think about it, he may have gotten me back into King Crimson, UK, and ELP.

Led Zeppelin and King Crimson are the big ones, though.

• Like 1

And I will definitely give him credit for getting me back into listening to Led Zeppelin when he praised Physical Graffiti one day as their best album (which I agreed with.) I haven't listened to so much Led Zeppelin since I was in 10th-12th grade.

In fact, the more I think about it, he may have gotten me back into King Crimson, UK, and ELP.

Led Zeppelin and King Crimson are the big ones, though.

Yeah he got me into a few bands that I'd neglected for a while.

Pete is a nice guy but his review's for albums SUCK ASS, lol

this is his reviews.

if he likes something.......

(that's cool man i dig it......i dig it"

if he doesn't......

"not good man.....nah...don't dig it"

i DO like his group chats but not much else.

however some of his friends on those panels are real music snobs......and quite insufferable.

Mick

this is his reviews.

if he doesn't......

however some of his friends on those panels are real music snobs......and quite insufferable.

Mick

What do you think of that guy, he's a metal fan and likes monster films, they portray him as the "character" of the group? He's kind of fat and short looking.

• Like 1

this is his reviews.

if he doesn't......

Mick

What do you think of that guy, he's a metal fan and likes monster films, they portray him as the "character" of the group? He's kind of fat and short looking.

oh he's ok.....not the worst offender.

i can tell you who i don't like there's a black guy who'll join......i HATE him. i've seen him berate people's opinions. he'll play it off as i'm joking but he's tooo harsh for me.

Mick

this is his reviews.

if he doesn't......

Mick

oh he's ok.....not the worst offender.

i can tell you who i don't like there's a black guy who'll join......i HATE him. i've seen him berate people's opinions. he'll play it off as i'm joking but he's tooo harsh for me.

Mick

The black guy who's a music guy? He never says much when I've seen him.

I had no idea everyone else watched this channel too! Wow, what other YouTubers does everyone watch? Now I'm curious!