The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

I get that, but you do open yourself up to pushback when you reference an attribute that you've spent the last 27 years building as a brand.

Pushback? The Cowboys? Hard to imagine.  :wagfinger:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

When you are the biggest star in the galaxy, things do seem to revolve around you!

Donald Trump approves of this message.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, treeduck said:

hate.jpg

The Packers don't hate Dallas anymore - not after going 8-1 against them over the past 22 years.  :biggrin:

The Packers' most hated arch-enemies are now the 49ers and Vikings.  :moon:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The Packers don't hate Dallas anymore - not after going 8-1 against them over the past 22 years.  :biggrin:

The Packers' most hated arch-enemies are now the 49ers and Vikings.  :moon:

And wherever Aaron Rodgers goes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

And wherever Aaron Rodgers goes.

This Packer fan will be most grateful to the team that takes him!  :biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2023 at 10:25 PM, Principled Man said:

This Packer fan will be most grateful to the team that takes him!  :biggrin:

If Mccarthy wasn't the coach, trading Rodgers to the Cowboys for Prescott, straight up, would be something Jerry would fall in love with. The bloated salarys sort of match up. The would make it much more convenient to direct hatred to a single source team in Dallas.

Seeing that there's a much more limited market for Rodgers. I think the Jets are ok with taking a flyer on Carr for a couple of years. I don't see where any playoff worthy team will take the risk on the aging egomaniac.

9 minutes ago, HemiBeers said:

Seeing that there's a much more limited market for Rodgers. I think the Jets are ok with taking a flyer on Carr for a couple of years. I don't see where any playoff worthy team will take the risk on the aging egomaniac.

If teams have been studying Rodgers, then they must know that he requires a favorite WR whom he can trust to get open deep. 

If a team doesn't have a stud WR, getting Rodgers would be unwise.  Rodgers will not be a check-down, "move the chains" QB.      

Everyone's favorite NFL owner, Dan Snyder, demands indemnity from all future liability if he sells the Commanders. 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MARCH DRAFT MADNESS!!

The Chicago Bears have traded the No. 1 overall pick in next month’s NFL draft to the Carolina Panthers for a haul of draft picks and veteran wide receiver D.J. Moore, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.

The Panthers sent Chicago their first-round pick (No. 9 overall) and second-round selection (No. 61) in April’s draft, as well as a 2024 first-round selection, 2025 second-round pick and Moore. The move sets up Carolina to draft its quarterback of the future with the top selection.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Principled Man said:

MARCH DRAFT MADNESS!!

The Chicago Bears have traded the No. 1 overall pick in next month’s NFL draft to the Carolina Panthers for a haul of draft picks and veteran wide receiver D.J. Moore, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.

The Panthers sent Chicago their first-round pick (No. 9 overall) and second-round selection (No. 61) in April’s draft, as well as a 2024 first-round selection, 2025 second-round pick and Moore. The move sets up Carolina to draft its quarterback of the future with the top selection.

I never understand these kinds of moves, mortgaging your future on a #1 roll of the dice

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, goose said:

I never understand these kinds of moves, mortgaging your future on a #1 roll of the dice

Desperate teams do desperate things.   Add in the current obsession with drafting an "elite quarterback", and you get trades like this.

Nevermind that for every Joe Burrow who gets drafted, several JaMarcus Russells also get drafted.   :sarcasm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goose said:

How do you even get a mortgage on a future with Sam Darnold?

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned