The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

1 minute ago, HemiBeers said:

Postgame interview. 

Q: So Roger can you comment on the field conditions and the officiating tonight?

A: Gosh fellas wasn't that an Epic game? One of the best!

"Still time to place a bet on FanDuel for the over/under on how many times Kelce says 'We're the Chiefs!'"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

"Still time to place a bet on FanDuel for the over/under on how many times Kelce says 'We're the Chiefs!'"

is there a bet on whether he's gonna drop the F bomb?

• Haha 1

Just now, HemiBeers said:

So I wonder if I can order a Chiefs championship tshirt with black and white stripes on it.

Their first SB win, every key call went their way.  Their SB  loss, in the 1st half the KC defense was flagged a record number of times for a record number of yards.  They win a second title on a late game flag that shouldn't have been thrown.  :facepalm:

Black and white forever!!!

To be fair, without the blown call the Chiefs win expectancy was about still about 75% prior to it.  But it basically went to 100% after the call.

• Like 1

Just now, goose said:

Their first SB win, every key call went their way.  Their SB  loss, in the 1st half the KC defense was flagged a record number of times for a record number of yards.  They win a second title on a late game flag that shouldn't have been thrown.  :facepalm:

Black and white forever!!!

Tom Brady, and Tom Brady alone, won that second game.   The refs had nothing to do with it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

To be fair, without the blown call the Chiefs win expectancy was about still about 75% prior to it.  But it basically went to 100% after the call.

Which is why you eat the flag, right?

• Like 1

Just now, laughedatbytime said:

Tom Brady, and Tom Brady alone, won that second game.   The refs had nothing to do with it.

True.

No other QB would get those calls.

• Like 1

Wonder how many effigies of Goodell are burning in Philly right now....

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Haha 1

now the philly OC can start his new Colts HC job tomorrow. 

He does realize he only has the ghost of Matt Ryan at QB?

They do have #4 in the draft so opportunity to pick up a fresh one for QB.

• Like 1

Just now, HemiBeers said:

...and now we can close the season and this thread in anticipation of 2 1/2 months of useless mock drafts.

And the combine.  Don't forget the combine.   The three cone drill is endlessly entertaining.

• Haha 1

FWIW, Bradberry said he tugged his jersey.

No word on whether he then took off his uniform and revealed the Giants logo on t shirt underneath.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

No word on whether he then took off his uniform and revealed the Giants logo on t shirt underneath.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2023/02/ref-explains-questionable-penalty-on-eagles-james-bradberry-during-chiefs-game-winning-drive.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Watching the replay post-game it looks like a pretty flagrant jersey grab early, before the insignificant hook with the left hand.  As much as I hate to say it, it was a good call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

That's a good explanation, one that backs up what tge video shows.  The one commentator at the time focused on the hook at the time, and it wasn't till I watched highlights this morning that I heard his partner calmly mention the jersey grab.

• Like 1

My guess is that there were probably ten to fifteen plays in the game that were more egregious than this and they weren't called.  Technically, I think the call is justifiable.

Its interesting that there were actually three possibilities for the play, an incomplete pass, a touchdown, and a penalty call.  (Maybe there's a chance the WR could have caught the ball without scoring, but IIRC, I don't think so.)  The penalty was the worst case for Philly.  Which  I guess makes the his close coverage which could have resulted in a foul all that much more horrible.

Eta: maybe a fourth would be an INT but that's by far the least likely.  OPI too I guess.  Or if Ron Torbert was officiating, a do-over.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

So I wonder if I can order a Chiefs championship tshirt with black and white stripes on it.

Yeah, try www.bittertearsoftryingtoplaceblameforablowntenpointhalftimelead/excuses.com -- they've got them in all sizes, from little whiners to huge crybabies!

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned