The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

57 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Nm double post on dumb phone

The reports of the phone's smartness were greatly exaggerated.... :wink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

Purdy down with an arm injury! That is very tough for the 49ers. :ohmy:

Tough to win when no one on the roster can throw.

Stupid penalties haven't helped but it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

On McCaffrey's TD, the one defensive back just rammed into McCaffrey and bounced off. 

No attempt to actually tackle him.  So many of them do that these days.  :thumbsdown:   

• Like 1

Just now, Fordgalaxy said:

Felt bad for the 49'ers but that was some no class, sore loser crap there at the end.

It seems like there's more and more of that these days.... 

• Like 1

Very impressed with the Bengals taking big shots from the Chiefs.  

They have to hit back.  They have to get to Mahomes.  

15 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Very impressed with the Bengals taking big shots from the Chiefs.  

They have to hit back.  They have to get to Mahomes.  

AND throw the ball to Tee Higgins.  :laugh:

• Like 1

Just another classic, "2-3 plays made the difference" game, fought by two evenly-matched teams.  

My friends and family down in "The Jungle" are crushed, but they know for sure that the WHO DEY will be back next year.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Principled Man said:

Just another classic, "2-3 plays made the difference" game, fought by two evenly-matched teams.  

My friends and family down in "The Jungle" are crushed, but they know for sure that the WHO DEY will be back next year.  :thumbsup:  

I believe the Bengals are the better team.  I hated that roughing call

10 minutes ago, goose said:

I believe the Bengals are the better team.  I hated that roughing call

Especially in the playoffs, the better team still has to prove it.  Their poor pass blocking was the main culprit today. 

A game of inches, indeed.  Milton's hand was an inch away from the ball thrown to Scantling sitting in the end zone.  An inch!!     

As for that late hit call, meh....going by the book, the refs made the correct call.  Mahomes had just stepped out of bounds, and the defender hardly pushed him, but it was just enough to put him on the ground.  In a Championship Game, the refs will call that every time. 

The Packers know this all too well:  You do NOT give the refs any opportunity to affect the game in the last minutes.   

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Especially in the playoffs, the better team still has to prove it.  Their poor pass blocking was the main culprit today. 

A game of inches, indeed.  Milton's hand was an inch away from the ball thrown to Scantling sitting in the end zone.  An inch!!     

As for that late hit call, meh....going by the book, the refs made the correct call.  Mahomes had just stepped out of bounds, and the defender hardly pushed him, but it was just enough to put him on the ground.  In a Championship Game, the refs will call that every time. 

The Packers know this all too well:  You do NOT give the refs any opportunity to affect the game in the last minutes.   

Yeah, it was the right call but I hated that it was so impactful.  One could even argue that the refs had just eaten throwing a flag on a potential late hit out of bounds on the punt return.  And I thought that Philly could have been flagged a few times in the early game.

That's football.

18 hours ago, Fordgalaxy said:

Felt bad for the 49'ers but that was some no class, sore loser crap there at the end.

Lol'ed when SF Trent Williams let Philly's Wallace know enough was enough toward the end of the scrum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Lol'ed when SF Trent Williams let Philly's Wallace know enough was enough toward the end of the scrum

I think he just needed to remind everyone that he was the biggest baddest MFer on the field. Take that you f***ing ragdoll.

Then you have Suh trying to talk sense into him. Jesus that's rich.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

everyone is gonna rag on Cincy 58 for the dumb penalty and yes it was legit and dumb. But you can point to many instances before that point in the game where mistakes were made that could have nullified the penalty's significance. If Cincy completed drives with a TD instead of a field goal, then they probably win. Burrow got outplayed and had 2 INTs...statistically teams with higher turnovers lose most of the time. 

I got no skin in either game. All 4 were good teams and 2 #1 seeds in the superbowl...hope it rocks.

Joe Johnson...$8.5m career earnings. Where do I get that coin for sucking at my craft?

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, goose said:

Yeah, it was the right call but I hated that it was so impactful.  One could even argue that the refs had just eaten throwing a flag on a potential late hit out of bounds on the punt return.  And I thought that Philly could have been flagged a few times in the early game.

That's football.

Talking heads, both doing the pbp and post game mentioned that Mahomes was"in the white", referring to the marked area designating out of bounds when he was hit.  No way the zebras are pocketing that flag.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned