The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

So glad the Bills beat Miami.  I don't really watch much American football any more (grew up on it but prefer what the rest of the world calls football now) but after the painful way Buffalo lost to KC last year in a great game that I happened to watch I really did not want to see the Bills get beat early in the playoffs.  If they win everything that would be fine.  My 95 year old dad who grew up near Buffalo watched the game and said it was a very good game.  Go Bills!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goose said:

...We got a thang goin' on!

Jones was a stud today. Even putting a skirt on Cousins so he gets roughing calls couldn't help him. Cousins and Minny....ultimate team of posers.

I'm betting the G men cover the spread at Philly...that game isn't gonna be a gimme. G men playing with house money now and are don't give a f**k honeybadgers.

• Like 4

It’s always good to see the Vikings end their season with a home loss.  :biggrin:

The Giants’ WR Slayton must have pooped his pants after dropping that game-clinching pass….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

And of course then we get a late game  bs roughing call in the Vikings game.  NFL officiating is so f***ed.

That was a lameass call, but yeah, we've been seeing those lately.

Can the Giants beat Philly? Sure, it's possible. If they did they wouldn't get past the Niners the following week, but I don't think anyone's beating the Niners this year.

• Like 1

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh showed a LOT of poise while enduring the sideline reporter’s dingbat questions early in the game.  He gave her a couple of good hard, silent stares before answering and then walking away.  

• Like 1

especially good to see minny lose with their new ex-lions TE hockenson. Good player, just not great. Couldn't block a lick. The post-Hock Lions crew of TEs that included 2 UDFAs set Lions season record for TE TDs, so good riddance you salary hog. Even with Detroit's high powered offense, Hock just disappeared in games. Lions will be better off with Minny draft picks in a tight end heavy draft. 

• Like 1

Bengals hold on, after scoring on a 98 yr fumble return.

They can't not play a heart stopping playoff game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Tragic: A bettor placed $1.4M on the Chargers to win after they took their huge lead.

He bet $1.4M to only win $11k…and then the Jaguars came back.

Just absolutely brutal.

Neither tragic nor brutal.  A fitting outcome for someone dumb enough to make that bet.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh showed a LOT of poise while enduring the sideline reporter’s dingbat questions early in the game.  He gave her a couple of good hard, silent stares before answering and then walking away.  

And then, after the game, the same reporter asks the defensive star, Sam Hubbard, "What was going through your mind when you were running that fumble back?"

I was hoping that he would say, "What the Hell do you THINK was going through my mind?  My list of household chores for tomorrow?"   :glare:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, goose said:

Why would a person risk $1.4 million to win $11k?  :wacko:

because he thought it was a sure thing at that point...like 99.9% of the general population. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Principled Man said:

And then, after the game, the same reporter asks the defensive star, Sam Hubbard, "What was going through your mind when you were running that fumble back?"

I was hoping that he would say, "What the Hell do you THINK was going through my mind?  My list of household chores for tomorrow?"   :glare:

:facepalm: Those eye candy sideline reporters are just annoying nitwits. Except Erin Andrews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Is it true that Dallas hasn't  won a road playoff game since 1992???

And ...

Dallas  are 0-7 vs Tom Brady.

Yes, all true, sad, shocking, and part of what's wrong with modernity . . . 

New year, new you, Dallas!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yes, all true, sad, shocking, and part of what's wrong with modernity . . . 

New year, new you, Dallas!

Yikes. Meh, Something has to give this season. I can't see the fuckenears pulling this one out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HemiBeers said:

:facepalm: Those eye candy sideline reporters are just annoying nitwits. Except Erin Andrews.

I don’t like any of them - even the male reporters (if there are any left).  They are good for relaying info about injured players, but that’s it.  It’s obvious that the head coaches don’t want to talk to them during the game, and their questions are almost always moronic.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Yikes. Meh, Something has to give this season. I can't see the fuckenears pulling this one out.

Cowboys out together a 15-second 3-and-out drive to start the game.  Bucs may have a shot. :tongue:

• Like 1

Shanahan has forbid his team from watching any more of this game to avoid overconfidence, but the damage may already have been done.

• Haha 2

Well, there's an early hint for the storyline with the missed XP.  No more offense till two minutes to go, when the Cowboys decide to give the Buc receivers ten yards of cushion...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I don’t like any of them - even the male reporters (if there are any left).  They are good for relaying info about injured players, but that’s it.  It’s obvious that the head coaches don’t want to talk to them during the game, and their questions are almost always moronic.  

Gregg Popovich puts them in place. You rarely see any mid-game interviews with him anymore. Every question gets a prick response.

• The topic was unpinned