The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

5 minutes ago, blueschica said:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:  That was some kind of finish! And my husband was joking at half time that the Jags are a second half team . . . . 

Their defense can be pretty good when it needs to be.  I feel for Charger fans.  Crushing loss.

• Like 1

My gut feeling is that Brandon Staley is doomed as an NFL head coach.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yep. They do love a heartbreaking loss.

JAX wins 31-30. Give them credit for the comeback, but the Chargers went out of their way to lose this one.

A collosal collapse.  The great thing about being a Chiefs fan is you know they'll never ever blow a big lead in a big game.

:ninja:

Any other broadcasting team doing the Chargers/Jaguars game would have been so pumped up and energized.   

Al Michaels and Tony Dungy almost put me to sleep several times.  Michaels's tired, slow and monotone voice is just horrible.  I remember when he was a great broadcaster with much life in his voice.  He is the opposite of that now.  Dungy wasn't much better.  Were they on tranquilizers?      :thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, goose said:

Their defense can be pretty good when it needs to be.  I feel for Charger fans.  Crushing loss.

You mean "the Charger fan", right?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Any other broadcasting team doing the Chargers/Jaguars game would have been so pumped up and energized.   

Al Michaels and Tony Dungy almost put me to sleep several times.  Michaels's tired, slow and monotone voice is just horrible.  I remember when he was a great broadcaster with much life in his voice.  He is the opposite of that now.  Dungy wasn't much better.  Were they on tranquilizers?      :thumbsdown:

These same old farts ain't cutting it anymore.  We need better pbp announcers, more like Kevin Harlan.

22 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

These same old farts ain't cutting it anymore.  We need better pbp announcers, more like Kevin Harlan.

Al Michaels was my very first sports broadcaster.  He did Reds games on WLW radio in the very early 70's.  He was The Voice of the early Big Red Machine, and we all loved him.  It hurts to see and hear him be a shell of what he once was.      

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Arrgggh, noooooo! Didn't see tied at halftime coming.

:7up:

Saying that as a Chiefs fan that does NOT want to face Buffalo down the road

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Miami's troubles in that 4th quarter illustrates that not every third string QB is Brock Purdy.

Nor is every coach Kyle Shanahan

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I'm a buffalo fan and they seem to have favorable officiating this year. I guess NY wants a Bill's Super Bowl since that'd be a marketable story.

And of course then we get a late game  bs roughing call in the Vikings game.  NFL officiating is so f***ed.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned