The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

1 hour ago, HemiBeers said:

GB will win...it's already cooked by the refs. 

The Packers’ fool of a head coach is doing his best to lose the game so far.  

We, the NFL, are above all things committed to fairness and providing an even playing field for our teams as they compete for a shot at the championship.  To that end, we have created an elaborate scheme of scenarios that will likely require a team to play  a championship game at a neutral site rather than host the home game it earned.  In the same spirit, we will allow Green Bay to play it's critical game against a team whose playoff eliminatiing outcome has been determined rather than have that game played simultaneously with its competitor's game.

:blink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, goose said:

We, the NFL, are above all things committed to fairness and providing an even playing field for our teams as they compete for a shot at the championship.  To that end, we have created an elaborate scheme of scenarios that will likely require a team to play  a championship game at a neutral site rather than host the home game it earned.  In the same spirit, we will allow Green Bay to play it's critical game against a team whose playoff eliminatiing outcome has been determined rather than have that game played simultaneously with its competitor's game.

:blink:

Classic, Sir!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

I’m inching towards rooting for the Lions….:glare:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

That play called on 4th and inches was a head scratcher.

Incredible ability by Goff to deliver that bomb to the 1yrd line. 

But GB knocking again. 

Check that.. TD!

3min Lions down by 3. Can they stop the final drive? 

Edited by Inthend

59 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I’m inching towards rooting for the Lions….:glare:

:rofl1: :rofl2: :laugh:

I've never been so happy with a 9-8 Lions team who's not in the playoffs. Campbell's got the brass stones. 

Although the refs did try to cook it with that bullshit holding call on Mitchell. 

Nobody rocks a booboo race like Rodgers walking off a losing game.

Edited by HemiBeers
because
  • Haha 1

Given the circumstances, the 2nd and 17 call around the two minute warning was one of the top five play calls I've ever seen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Given the circumstances, the 2nd and 17 call around the two minute warning was one of the top five play calls I've ever seen.

Lions OC is a young stud...pay him handsomely so he doesn't leave. They've been pulling sweet trick plays all year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

The commentators brought up the point that had a Lions playoff birth been on the line they might not have tried it.  Who knows for sure, but it's easier to play loose when your role is spoiler.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goose said:

The commentators brought up the point that had a Lions playoff birth been on the line they might not have tried it.  Who knows for sure, but it's easier to play loose when your role is spoiler.

The commentators haven't seen Detroit all year, so they were clueless. The play were they threw a tackle eligible pass to Sewell (RT) in motion for a game winner was much more ballsy. When you think about the play last night it was actually not very risky when you had two guys with good hands tossing the ball. at 2nd and 17, low risk potential high reward play. 

Examples:

https://www.detroitlions.com/video/highlight-sewell-s-first-career-catch-comes-at-pivotal-moment-for-lions

https://www.detroitlions.com/video/highlight-wright-s-51-yard-catch-and-run-td-gives-lions-lead-late

Young OC is a genius.

• Like 1

This Packer fan is happy that the dysfunctional season is over, but now comes the hard part.  The Packers have to decide whether to part ways with Aaron Rodgers (and pay him $58 million) or have him be the starter next year and probably repeat this year's failure. 

I don't see the Packers eating $58 million dollars and getting nothing out of it.  I predict that Rodgers will be back.  I could be wrong.      

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I don't see the Packers eating $58 million dollars and getting nothing out of it.  I predict that Rodgers will be back.  I could be wrong.      

Nah, PM.  As a born and raised Detroiter I don't see it either.  It would be insanity.  Rest assured, he'll be back.

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Nah, PM.  As a born and raised Detroiter I don't see it either.  It would be insanity.  Rest assured, he'll be back.

Unless he retires, of course. 

He would pay homage to his predecessor by having his last pass as a Packer be an interception.   :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, goose said:

Playoffs? What playoffs?  Thanks to the incompetent fukks officiating the Seahawks game.  The Lions were eliminated before they even stepped onto The Frozen Tundra.

• The topic was unpinned