The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Chiefs open strong, blow the extra point, and the first half slide continues from there.  Red zone pick.  Bronco points.. Deep field fumble.  Bronco TD.  So frustrating...

:facepalm:

Edited by goose

Packers 17

Vikings 3

2nd Quarter.  

Another one of those Murphy’s Law games.   Everything weird is happening.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Packers 17

Vikings 3

2nd Quarter.  

Another one of those Murphy’s Law games.   Everything weird is happening.  :biggrin:

Packers 41

Vikings 17

Final

Definitely did not expect this!   Beat Detroit next week and they are in the playoffs....:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Packers 41

Vikings 17

Final

Definitely did not expect this!   Beat Detroit next week and they are in the playoffs....:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

After how they started that's quite an accomplishment.  Can they keep it going?

8 minutes ago, goose said:

After how they started that's quite an accomplishment.  Can they keep it going?

They have a very tough road ahead.  The Lions have a strong offense; they could win at Lambeau next week.  The winner goes to the playoffs.

Packers got starting LT David Bakhtiari back this week.  They're pretty healthy at the moment.  They still miss top pass rusher Rashan Gary (ACL).

Every playoff game will be on the road.  They'll have to play @ Minnesota, or Philly, or San Francisco (their arch-enemy).  :angry:   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

They have a very tough road ahead.  The Lions have a strong offense; they could win at Lambeau next week.  The winner goes to the playoffs.

Packers got starting LT David Bakhtiari back this week.  They're pretty healthy at the moment.  They still miss top pass rusher Rashan Gary (ACL).

Every playoff game will be on the road.  They'll have to play @ Minnesota, or Philly, or San Francisco (their arch-enemy):angry:   

I thought that was da Bearz (who are lousy this year)?

1 hour ago, Fordgalaxy said:

I thought that was da Bearz (who are lousy this year)?

Da Bears are the Packers’ historical arch-rivals, but when it comes to the playoffs, the 49ers are by far the most hated team.  The Packers have lost way too many playoff games to them, going back to the Kaepernick years.  They are The Enemy.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Wow! Gobsmacked by the Steelers! Exciting end to the game, a win against the Ravens is always good.

That winning TD pass by Pickett was super!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Packers 41

Vikings 17

Final

Many years ago I learned to never trust what happens in NFL games berween division rivals.

Lions/Packers will be a banger, who can outlast who.

So will Jets/Fins, although not fully a home game for Miami;  Usually a lot of visiting Jets fans escaping the shit weather in NY.  Security in Hard Rock better be ready.

My remote will be busy on NFL Sunday Ticket, as both are 1:00 games.

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

It sure won't be like their last game! 

15-9 Lions?  WTF?!   That was definitely the low point of the year....just horrible.  

7 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The playoff scenerio for the last spot in the NFC is this...not quite correct in a previous post. Packers win, they're in. Detroit's in if they win and Seattle loses. Seattle is in if they win (against the Rams....sure thing) and the Packers lose. Since Detroit has been success starved for years, a mere whiff of getting into the playoffs is playing with house money at this point. All those close games Detroit had were it came down to one bad play or decision comes back to haunt in typical Lions fashion. But not lying...it was healthy to see how they came back this year. Expectations higher next year and not playing their typical patsy schedule.

7 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

It sure won't be like their last game! 

15-9 Lions?  WTF?!   That was definitely the low point of the year....just horrible.  

Edited by HemiBeers

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Many years ago I learned to never trust what happens in NFL games berween division rivals.

So will Jets/Fins, although not fully a home game for Miami;  Usually a lot of visiting Jets fans escaping the shit weather in NY.  Security in Hard Rock better be ready.

My remote will be busy on NFL Sunday Ticket, as both are 1:00 games.

Oops, guess I spoke to soon, Lions/Packers moved to Sunday night.

Not sure what I'm doing for that. Depends if I'm 100% well, which I'm deciedly not.

Horrible injury to a Bills defensive back.  He hit his head on the ground, stood up, then collapsed like someone turned off a switch.  :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Horrible injury to a Bills defensive back.  He hit his head on the ground, stood up, then collapsed like someone turned off a switch.  :unsure:

Nine minutes of CPR with an ambulance on the field. That's where it stands right now, but that doesn't seem like a good situation. That stadium is quiet.

1 minute ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Nine minutes of CPR with an ambulance on the field. That's where it stands right now, but that doesn't seem like a good situation. That stadium is quiet.

That was as quiet as you could possibly imagine; eerie. Now they've suspended play.

7 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

He hit his head on the ground - on the side of his head - then when he collapsed, he hit the back of his head on the ground.   The second hit may have been worse.  

Just turned game on now (after dinner break, after Rose Bowl) to this news. How awful. Would hope it's the flu or something but it sounds much worse. Im really hoping for the best for him. 

22 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Didn't look like the hit was the issue to be honest, although I'm not a doctor.  There was no head to head contact.  CPR makes me think it's a cardiovascular episode, like a heart attack.  Really bad.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Didn't look like the hit was the issue to be honest, although I'm not a doctor.  There was no head to head contact.  CPR makes me think it's a cardiovascular episode, like a heart attack.  Really bad.

The two hits were on the ground.  He hit the side of his head during the tackle, then when he collapsed, he fell backwards and hit the back of his head on the ground.  

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Apparently an extreme hit to the chest can cause a disruption in one's heart rhythm, essentially sending a person into arrest.  This seems to be a possible explanation.

What a horrible situation.

• Like 3

So it was cardiac arrest, most probably caused by the blow to Hamlin’s chest.   

One more thing for the players to have in their minds when they take the field every weekend.  Players have taken a million blows to the chest.  How often did they think, “One well-timed hit could stop my heart”….?

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, goose said:

Apparently an extreme hit to the chest can cause a disruption in one's heart rhythm, essentially sending a person into arrest.  This seems to be a possible explanation.

What a horrible situation.

6 hours ago, Principled Man said:

So it was cardiac arrest, most probably caused by the blow to Hamlin’s chest.   

One more thing for the players to have in their minds when they take the field every weekend.  Players have taken a million blows to the chest.  How often did they think, “One well-timed hit could stop my heart”….?

It's the timing of the hit, and the timing has to be perfect.

Skip to 3:25 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned