The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Davante Adams shoved some guy after his team's dumb loss to the Chiefs, but he apologized afterwards.

That was nuthin'.  Way back in the day, the Bengals had just lost to their arch-enemy, Jerry Glanville and the Oilers.  Fights broke out right afterwards.  It was a bad scene, and the TV announcers were quite appalled.  Bengals offensive lineman Joe Walter was walking towards the tunnel, and a cameraman got too close to him.  On live TV, Walter smacked the guy and his camera and yelled, "Get that f-cking camera out of my face!!"    

After several seconds of silence, the one TV announcer said, "I don't think Joe Walter wanted that camera in his face!"  As the broadcast was ending, the announcers said, "On behalf of our broadcast crew....and Joe Walter....thanks for watching!"    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, Principled Man said:

Davante Adams shoved some guy after his team's dumb loss to the Chiefs, but he apologized afterwards.

That was nuthin'.  Way back in the day, the Bengals had just lost to their arch-enemy, Jerry Glanville and the Oilers.  Fights broke out right afterwards.  It was a bad scene, and the TV announcers were quite appalled.  Bengals offensive lineman Joe Walter was walking towards the tunnel, and a cameraman got too close to him.  On live TV, Walter smacked the guy and his camera and yelled, "Get that f-cking camera out of my face!!"    

After several seconds of silence, the one TV announcer said, "I don't think Joe Walter wanted that camera in his face!"  As the broadcast was ending, the announcers said, "On behalf of our broadcast crew....and Joe Walter....thanks for watching!"    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

And charged with  misdemeanor assault. Really? :rolleyes:

Edited by Inthend

7 minutes ago, Inthend said:

And charged with  misdemeanor assault. Really? :rolleyes:

Misdemeanor assault on the poor baby’s hurt feelings.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yeah, that was lame.

How about the Eagles scoring a TD to go up by 9 but then go for 2pts instead of making it up 10?  :blink:

Watch Philly not cover the 6.5 spread as a result.

Edited by goose

14 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Six weeks in, and most of the teams have middling records. Yeah, you have the Eagles at 6-0 and a few other teams at 5-1, but there are a lot of 3-3 and below teams, especially in the NFC.

Here in Packer country, the sky has been officially declared to be falling..... :rage:

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Here in Packer country, the sky has been officially declared to be falling..... :rage:

Rogers, Brady and Wilson  are stinking it up.  

22 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Six weeks in, and most of the teams have middling records. Yeah, you have the Eagles at 6-0 and a few other teams at 5-1, but there are a lot of 3-3 and below teams, especially in the NFC.

I wonder if a 17 game schedule means this is the norm and not the exception.

10 hours ago, goose said:

No roughing flag on the final Wilson sack?!?   There shouldn't have been, but I'm surprised there wasn't one.

Maybe the word has gone out from the front office that it's a contact sport, even for quarterbacks, and the refs are doing a "quiet quitting" on the roughing penalties?

• Like 1

The NFL and Amazon have agreed to have a Black Friday game, starting next year.

MADNESS.  :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The NFL and Amazon have agreed to have a Black Friday game, starting next year.

MADNESS.  :facepalm:

Sounds good to me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe the word has gone out from the front office that it's a contact sport, even for quarterbacks, and the refs are doing a "quiet quitting" on the roughing penalties?

Denver secretly sent out word to the officiating crew not to protect Russell Wilson.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fordgalaxy said:

I'd say based on his impending divorce and how the team isn't doing great, he may retire for good after this season.

I expect he will and get started on his game analyst career

• Like 1

Garappo-lol.  Chiefs roll the Niners with Mahomes throwing for 400+ yards

Raiders got a nice win today.  Seahawks as well.  Giants keep the doubters in check.  After a slow start, Dallas takes care of business with Dak at the helm again.  Commanders dominate the Bucs. It's been a good day so far, now if only those Jets can make it through the final 35 seconds...

• The topic was unpinned