The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Steelers w/o TJ Watt had trouble getting going, and lost to the Patriots 17-14. However, due to the magic of the Browns losing to the Jets, and the Ravens losing to the Dolphins, the Steelers remain tied for first place in the AFC North. Short week as they play again on Thursday.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Bar was a madhouse, jam packed, I ended up joining a table of 8 other folks.  Of course mostly  Dolphins fans with a good group of the Giants faithful watching NY v Carolina.  Most of us screaming like banshees watching The Fish pull off the win.

Tagliavola's 4th quarter:  13/17, 199 yards, 4 TD.

In the ugly department, Niners QB Trey Lance breaks ankle, surgery tomorrow, done for season.

Edited by pjbear05

9 hours ago, blueschica said:

Steelers w/o TJ Watt had trouble getting going, and lost to the Patriots 17-14. However, due to the magic of the Browns losing to the Jets, and the Ravens losing to the Dolphins, the Steelers remain tied for first place in the AFC North. Short week as they play again on Thursday.

Browns lol. That had to be one of the most stupid collapses in living memory.

• Like 1

Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Packer wide receivers did not practice yesterday due to injury or illness.   

:facepalm:

On 9/23/2022 at 8:32 AM, Principled Man said:

Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Packer wide receivers did not practice yesterday due to injury or illness.   

:facepalm:

That’s OK.  The Packers’ defense actually beat Tom Brady for once.  :biggrin:

ByVacationing off the grid and so saw no football today.  Just checked NFL scores and saw that my Chiefs had 32 yards rushing when Mahomes' yards are subtracted.  :unsure:

Well done Colts, I guess.

Mark Sanchez you are not alone.  Dolphins Thomas Morestead, punting from his endzone, punts low and the ball hits Fins lineman Trent Sherfield in the ass.  The ball bounces backwards beyond the end line, resulting in a safety.  From butt fumble to butt punt.

• Like 1

Nasty fall for Tagovailoa after a hit during the Dolphins- Bengals game.  He went down, didn't come back up, and his hands were in a claw like position that was very scary. He was carted off the field and word from local hospital is that he is conscious and can move all extremities. Nothing yet about extent of head and neck injuries.  Just hate to see someone taken off like that, especially since there was controversy about his return to play during last Sunday's game, due to possible head / back injury. 

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

The Yahoo Fantasy Football League scorekeepers adjusted their scores for the Dallas game. 

They awarded Dallas linebacker Micah Parsons credit for one tackle, which gave my team one extra point.

My Tie game is now a WIN for ME!  I just LOVE scorekeepers!   :laugh:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, blueschica said:

Nasty fall for Tagovailoa after a hit during the Dolphins- Bengals game.  He went down, didn't come back up, and his hands were in a claw like position that was very scary. He was carted off the field and word from local hospital is that he is conscious and can move all extremities. Nothing yet about extent of head and neck injuries.  Just hate to see someone taken off like that, especially since there was controversy about his return to play during last Sunday's game, due to possible head / back injury. 

That will be his second head injury, and likely concussion in 4 days, but the Dolphins claimed his injury last Thursday was his back. I've never seen someone take a hard hit, get up and stumble around like they were drunk because of a back injury. I'd bet they lied to keep him in the game and now, according to head injury experts, he may have permanent injury. There's video footage or still pictures of his fingers spasming and going in different directions as he was on the ground which is a classic sign of concussion.

If it turns out he was also concussed on Thursday, the Dolphins should get a seriously huge fine, at least.

• Like 3

Packers 27

Patriots 24  (OT)

Rodgers threw a pick-6

Refs gave the Patriots a free TD when they went way past the play clock.  
Packer WR Romeo Doubs had a moment of rookie misery in the end zone, losing the ball when he hit the ground

3 plays, 21 points, football is a crazy game…..:blink:

• Like 1

Lions. 

Ok, ok, I'll wait for the laughter to stop. 

Still waiting...

ok. number 1 offense. but only 1-3. scores 45 points with practice squad receivers, but loses. first game in Seahawks history...e v e r...where they don't punt once. next week at new england then a bye week. i'm looking for a D coordinator to get fired after that game unless there's a marked improvement. seeing a 3rd string qb playing for ne this week, don't know the whole story. but he'll have a HOF game against the lions. 

Lions couldn't stop a runny nose.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:31 PM, Fordgalaxy said:

That will be his second head injury, and likely concussion in 4 days, but the Dolphins claimed his injury last Thursday was his back. I've never seen someone take a hard hit, get up and stumble around like they were drunk because of a back injury. I'd bet they lied to keep him in the game and now, according to head injury experts, he may have permanent injury. There's video footage or still pictures of his fingers spasming and going in different directions as he was on the ground which is a classic sign of concussion.

If it turns out he was also concussed on Thursday, the Dolphins should get a seriously huge fine, at least.

Bennett Omalu, the neurophysisist who did the breakthrough CTE studies on Steelers Mike Webster, said Tua should never have been allowed on the field after last Sunday's initial injury.  Fook this independent doctor, somebody with the Fins needs to GO!  I saw his fingers all spazed out and thought he was flashing gang symbols.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Rams struggling + Joe Suck commentary

I am so very happy that Schmuck & Aikman are on Monday night and nowhere else.  When they do the Packers Week 15, I will have Packer radio on!    

• Haha 1

News Flash... Tom Brady would have been sacked in 4th quarter giving Atlanta chance to win except he was tackled around the waist and brought to the ground which is of course illegal when tackling a quarterback especially Tom Brady. :facepalm:

Edited by Inthend
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned