The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

bird-gauntlet.jpg

:biggrin:

I realize a team that has started Taysom Hill at QB might not know a lot about the number six, but this seems like it's taking it a little too far...

On 5/13/2022 at 6:22 PM, laughedatbytime said:

:biggrin:

I realize a team that has started Taysom Hill at QB might not know a lot about the number six, but this seems like it's taking it a little too far...

I'm goin' down,

down, down, down, down, down
I'm goin' down,

down, down, down, down, down
I got my big feet out the window, two feet off the ground

Jack Del Rio is pissing off people again.  :ohmy:

I’ve told others, “Those of us who follow the NFL know Del Rio.  Jack is just being Jack - True to himself.”

A fine of $100,000.00 later, Jack is still Jack!  

Edited by Principled Man

6 teams are petitioning a Federal court to force the discrimination lawsuit of former Dolphins coach Brian Flores to arbitration.

A ruling will be made in July.  If successful the case would be arbitrated by NFL Chief Idiot Commissioner Roger Godell.

Talk about hiring the fox to guard the hen house.

Browns trade QB Baker Mayfield to Carolina for a conditional 2024 draft pick. 

Hmm, Cleveland's first regular season game, 9/11/22 is at the Panthers.  Hmm.

• Haha 2

Heinz Field is GONE!  Steeler fans are gonna be VIOLENT!

The Pittsburgh Steelers could not reach a new agreement with Heinz, so they sold the stadium naming right to a new company.  

It is now Acrisure Stadium.

Acrisure is an insurance company based in Michigan.  

Steelerssuck141.jpg

Arizona Cardinals just gave Kyler Murray a WHOLE LOTTA MONEY.  

:ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

On 7/11/2022 at 2:59 PM, Principled Man said:

Heinz Field is GONE!  Steeler fans are gonna be VIOLENT!

The Pittsburgh Steelers could not reach a new agreement with Heinz, so they sold the stadium naming right to a new company.  

It is now Acrisure Stadium.

Acrisure is an insurance company based in Michigan.  

Steelerssuck141.jpg

Didn’t it get destroyed by Bane?

32 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Didn’t it get destroyed by Bane?

Destroyed by Bane

Rebuilt by Bruce Wayne!  

9 hours ago, edhunter said:

6 games suspension for Deshaun Watson. It's still too many.  I'm wondering if there was a backroom deal made where if he promised not to appeal it they'd lower the number.

Well, if any knows about backroom deals....

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

The Dolphins owner fined and suspended til mid October.

I assumed it was for the "let's lose some games," but apparently it's for some tapping up Brady and Sean Payton?

Suspended? What from his bank account??

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Suspended? What from his bank account??

Hopefully not from selling the team.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

The Dolphins owner fined and suspended til mid October.

I assumed it was for the "let's lose some games," but apparently it's for some tapping up Brady and Sean Payton?

Actually it's all of them,  "impermissible communications" with Brady in 2019 and 2021, and Sean Payton in January of 2021, plus offering coach Brian Flores an inducement (of $100 large) to tank games.  Ross cannot be present at Dolphins facilities or represent the club at meetings until the annual league meetings in 2023.

PLUS, they forfeit their regular first round 2023 draft pick (they have an additional one from San Francisco) and a third round selection in 2024.

13 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Actually it's all of them,  "impermissible communications" with Brady in 2019 and 2021, and Sean Payton in January of 2021, plus offering coach Brian Flores an inducement (of $100 large) to tank games.  Ross cannot be present at Dolphins facilities or represent the club at meetings until the annual league meetings in 2023.

PLUS, they forfeit their regular first round 2023 draft pick (they have an additional one from San Francisco) and a third round selection in 2024.

From Rodger Sherman, at The Ringer:

>>It was a stunningly strong statement from a commissioner who rarely criticizes his billionaire bosses. But Goodell was also clear that these punishments were for tampering alone, not tanking.<<

9 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I wonder if he'll tank even more after this?

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Tank-for-Tua-9.29.19-1200x628.jpg

I was also thinking of the year teams were tanking in order to "suck for ( Andrew) Luck."

Edited by pjbear05

News of the strange:  UFC president Dana White claims he had a deal worked out to bring Brady and Gronk to the Raiders, but Chucky Gruden put the kibosh on it.

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned