The 2022 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Matthew Stafford is getting $160 million over 4 years from the Rams.

The contract requires Stafford to immediately render aid to any and all persons who fall down and injure themselves right in front of him.

$10 million less per year than Aaron Rodgers? :eh:

You left out the difference... the value of the clause that Rodgers has to render aid through the use of the recitation of new age bromides to those who fall down with an injury right in front of them is worth about $10 million more per year than the value of Stafford's medical assistance.

Once you go bromides, you never go back. ;)

• Like 1

The contract requires Stafford to immediately render aid to any and all persons who fall down and injure themselves right in front of him.

You left out the difference... the value of the clause that Rodgers has to render aid through the use of the recitation of new age bromides to those who fall down with an injury right in front of them is worth about $10 million more per year than the value of Stafford's medical assistance.

If he can't replace Alex Trebek, he may be able to replace Kahlil Gibran, who may or may not be dead, I don't really know.

Shailene, Shailene, Shailene, Shailene

We're beggin' of you, please don't take our quarterback

Please don't take him just because you can (the rest of this line is censored as this is a family forum, but I' m guessing that it must be really good to put up with all the rest)

His accuracy is beyond compare

Though we wish he'd cut his hair

His uni should be always gold and forest green

We put up with his shit

Though it bothers us a bit

But we can't compete with Jordan Love, Shailene

• Like 1

We're beggin' of you, please don't take our quarterback

Please don't take him just because you can (the rest of this line is censored as this is a family forum, but I' m guessing that it must be really good to put up with all the rest)

His accuracy is beyond compare

Though we wish he'd cut his hair

His uni should be always gold and forest green

We put up with his shit

Though it bothers us a bit

But we can't compete with Jordan Love, Shailene

Nothing about being 9-8 all-time in the playoffs?

So Mayfield or Wentz to Houston?

Wentz already to the Commanders. Texans have already stated they have no interest in Mayfield. If true it'll likely be Seattle or Carolina and Carolina is already paying Darnold 18 mil. As a Seahawks fan to say I'm not thrilled with Mr. Jr. High Maturity Level coming to my team would be an understatement tho if Cleveland were forced to pay most of his salary and give us a draft pick to take him off their hands it wouldn't be the end of the world. And that is a possibility because now that they've signed Watson, Mayfield just can't be let back in the building. That would be an even worse circus than the Watson circus is going to be. Besides, Seattle's gonna suck balls until Carroll is fired so who give's a shit anyway.

One wild card to me in the Mayfield situation that absolutely no one has mentioned is Miami. He might be a step up from Tua whom they aren't wild about. Just a gut feeling on my part. I've got nothing else to base it on.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

So Mayfield or Wentz to Houston?

Wentz already to the Commanders. Texans have already stated they have no interest in Mayfield.

I had forgotten the first thing -- which tells you how much on my radar Wentz or the Commanders are -- and I wasn't aware that Houston had already closed that door; alas and alack.

Onward!

Edited by Nova Carmina

Damn, Tyreek Hill. Is it that I can't see through my salty, bitter tears, or is this the classic case of a guy wanting to get paid rather than wanting to win?

It's about the money.

• Like 2

Damn, Tyreek Hill. Is it that I can't see through my salty, bitter tears, or is this the classic case of a guy wanting to get paid rather than wanting to win?

Paid.

Given that he has caught 82% of Mahomes' TD passes, this does not bode well for that team.

If the Chargers can stop Charging, this could be their year.

• Like 2

Paid.

Given that he has caught 82% of Mahomes' TD passes, this does not bode well for that team.

82%? :lol:

:rfl:

just knew TB would be back. all greats have 1 fake retirement in them. Lebron might do it at the end of this season haha...besides Brady was leading TD QB for most of the season, you don't need to retire if you are still the top dog and have so much to offer the game/team.

Paid.

It's almost always about the Benjamins. If I were to guess I'd say 97%.

Marquez Valdes-Scanting signs with the Chiefs. :rage:

There's no gambling at Bushwood, sir, but if you step off Club property, you are more than welcome to bet your 401(k) that the Packers will be drafting a wide receiver or two next month.

The property lines are clearly marked on the pavement for your convenience, sir.

• Like 1

Well, that was quick. I hope he learned some from watching Josh Allen for a year!

MDKPjtRm.jpg

And even with Trubisky, your team is in a better place at QB than mine.

Fukk Pete Carroll

The shit is starting up on FB. Hafta ask, DttE.

Is Pete (fill in the blank) enough to make a move for Kaep?

Well, that was quick. I hope he learned some from watching Josh Allen for a year!

MDKPjtRm.jpg

And even with Trubisky, your team is in a better place at QB than mine.

Fukk Pete Carroll

The shit is starting up on FB. Hafta ask, DttE.

Is Pete (fill in the blank) enough to make a move for Kaep?

Please God no. Dude never was any good at reading defenses or with accuracy. He had incredible running ability.

However, I am utterly sure that the level of stupidity Pete Carroll is capable of means yes, he certainly could sign the guy.

• Like 1

The Bills are getting a new stadium. Is this a good thing? Will the team provide the card tables for the tailgaters? ;)

The Bills are getting a new stadium. Is this a good thing? Will the team provide the card tables for the tailgaters? ;)

LOL

Good for the Bills and good for Buffalo. Setting aside the discussion of taxpayer dollars for sports stadiums, I'm very happy to see this because they're one of the original 8 AFL franchises and one of only 4 that have stayed in their original city.......the Jets, Patriots (yeah they moved to the suburbs but still Boston), Bills and Broncos.

• Like 1

Official change to OT rules, playoffs only...each team guaranteed a possession. Vote was 29-3
  • Like 2

Official change to OT rules, playoffs only...each team guaranteed a possession. Vote was 29-3

Identical rules for regular season and playoffs?

No, reg season remains the same. They couldn't get 24 votes for both.

• Like 1

No, reg season remains the same. They couldn't get 24 votes for both.

Just saw that "playoffs only". A good change, I think. For regular season, I'd actually prefer just ending regulation in a tie.
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned