The hypocrisy of the NFL

So it's not OK for Calvin Ridley to bet on NFL games but it is OK for Stephen Ross to bribe his head coach 500K per to lose games. Love how Goodell pontificates about the "integrity of the game" when Ridley drops $1500 on his team to win (in a parlay) while on the IR no less but silence about Ross.

Also love how they pontificate about justice and equality while Daniel Snyder runs an organization rife with sexual harassment and degradation of women.

Look I'm not advocating allowing players, club officials and especially referees to gamble on the NFL, but this league is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Ridley drops $1500 on his team to win (in a parlay) while on the IR

He should receive a slap on the wrist, nothing more.

Ridley drops $1500 on his team to win (in a parlay) while on the IR

He should receive a slap on the wrist, nothing more.

Surely betting on the Falcons to win carries its own punishment?

As for the hypocrisy of the league, I wonder if it's ever been any different? They didn't (don't) seem too worried about player safety, but pay a lot of lip service . . . pick and issue and era, and they were probably on the wrong side of it.

• Like 3

So it's not OK for Calvin Ridley to bet on NFL games but it is OK for Stephen Ross to bribe his head coach 500K per to lose games. Love how Goodell pontificates about the "integrity of the game" when Ridley drops $1500 on his team to win (in a parlay) while on the IR no less but silence about Ross.

Also love how they pontificate about justice and equality while Daniel Snyder runs an organization rife with sexual harassment and degradation of women.

Look I'm not advocating allowing players, club officials and especially referees to gamble on the NFL, but this league is the very definition of hypocrisy.

I thought Ross allegedly offered $100K to lose. And seeing the other parts of Flores’ lawsuit, I take that allegation with a sea of salt.

I thought Ross allegedly offered $100K to lose. And seeing the other parts of Flores’ lawsuit, I take that allegation with a sea of salt.

Ross recently said "IF I said that, I was joking." Which I am guessing means that he said it, but his lawyer realizes there's no real way to prove it.