We're Back

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It's been two days of this: :rage: :scared: :facepalm: :banghead: :huh: :boohoo: :boo hiss: :crazy: :doh:

And now, :unsure:

We had some major database errors to fix, and it wasn't going swimmingly, but I think it's okay now. I think.

Any threads or posts that were made early yesterday did not survive, like hi_water's latest poll in MoTS. This is the board as we knew it on Wednesday night.

• Like 10

The archiving project did not go well at all, but that might be because I was trying to archive old threads from every forum all at the same time. Plus, trying to archive thousands of threads with a corrupt database is probably not a good idea. I will take that one forum at a time now, starting with a small one. Up first, New World Women. Then onto the bigger ones.
  • Like 3

The site still took a minute to load. But it's moving fine other than that.

Your first time logging in after the shutdown will hang up a little as pages and images are getting cached. Plus, the board is archiving some old threads right now, so periodically we'll see a brief but major slowdown (maybe even a 404 error message) as it takes a handful threads off of the main database and moves them onto a different one. If you happen to log in when it's in the middle of that task, you'll see a slow loading time for a bit.

I'm going to take the archiving process really slowly so we're not constantly seeing those slowdowns all day every day.

• Like 6

Your first time logging in after the shutdown will hang up a little as pages and images are getting cached. Plus, the board is archiving some old threads right now, so periodically we'll see a brief but major slowdown (maybe even a 404 error message) as it takes a handful threads off of the main database and moves them onto a different one. If you happen to log in when it's in the middle of that task, you'll see a slow loading time for a bit.

I'm going to take the archiving process really slowly so we're not constantly seeing those slowdowns all day every day.

Just came back on and it loaded up right away. Thanks for all the work to get things fixed.

• Like 5

Just came back on and it loaded up right away. Thanks for all the work to get things fixed.

Yes, big thank you, 73, for doing all that you do.

• Like 7

Thanks for all your hard work 73. I was a bit concerned, but I knew you were on the case!
  • Like 4

Site is running a lot better then it was the other day (and for a while to be honest). Recently has been taking 5-10 seconds to load a page.

Yes, it had been lagging for a long while, but something happened on Feb. 26th that started a fast and drastic downturn in performance. The normal maintenance measures weren't fixing whatever this was, so we had to try different measures, which so far seem to have worked.

• Like 2

Very much appreciate your hard work in keeping this community up and running, 73!

Ditto and boy is it running faster (NO JINX!!). Really nice to be able to move around quickly.

• Like 1