Metallica: Albums Elimination (FINAL ROUND, PLEASE VOTE!!!)

_hi_water._

22 members have voted

1. 1. Eliminate:

• Ride The Lightning (1984)
    • Master Of Puppets (1986)

...And Justice For All has been eliminated.

10. St. Anger (2003)

9. Reload (1997)

8. Load (1996)

7. Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (2016)

6. Death Magnetic (2008)

5. Kill 'Em All (1983)

4. Metallica/Black Album (1991)

3. ...And Justice For All (1988)

• Like 1

Even Metallica would eliminate RtL just for the song they wrote to have 8 songs the record company wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUyzqq4wbJk

I still love that song. It's so perfectly angsty. Not everything can be about dismembered soldiers longing for death. Also plenty of artists have songs they'd rather never play live. Metallica are lucky their least favorite isn't super popular.

F that, Escape rules. Never understood the hate for that one. MOP is a more cohesive album, but something about RTL is more interesting to me.

Do the fans hate it though? I never got that impression. I know James does because he didn't like the fact the record company forced him to write something he didn't want to. But I always thought the fans liked it.

I'm proud of you guys. I figured reload would win with this crowd

Thank you! That means a lot!!!

no worries, LABT. your taste is good enough I think we could actually get along for an hour or so in public.

• Like 1

RTL and MOP are both 5 star records for me. like I know there's still a segment of population that hears cookie monster noise in any of that stuff, but to me it's all super melodic, dynamic, varied, even emotional at times with songs like orion, sanitarium, fade to black. love em or hate em, that's why metallica endures and nobody gives a shit about 99% of what we fools like from the 80s and early 90s. it wasn't gonna be testament or exodus selling out madison square garden. think about that. these f***ers were playing giant arenas BEFORE the black album! good for them.
  • Like 1

no worries, LABT. your taste is good enough I think we could actually get along for an hour or so in public.

:blush:

:notworthy:

Thanks, but I don't really go out in public. Too many people there...

I'll buy you a beer!

• Like 1

I'll buy you a beer!

Next best thing to REO tickets... ;)

F that, Escape rules. Never understood the hate for that one. MOP is a more cohesive album, but something about RTL is more interesting to me.

Do the fans hate it though? I never got that impression. I know James does because he didn't like the fact the record company forced him to write something he didn't want to. But I always thought the fans liked it.

You're probably right, I doubt a ton actually hate it. I've just seen that same type of comment quite a few times over the years about how it's the only bad song.

Even Metallica would eliminate RtL just for the song they wrote to have 8 songs the record company wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUyzqq4wbJk

Metallica are lucky their least favorite isn't super popular.

They got some songs that are popular for how bad they are. Something something table.

RtL should win but it won't.

Don't shoulda coulda woulda all over yourself. MoP is a near perfect metal album, the fact RtL remains this far into the poll is a testament to how good it is, as well.

Results:

10. St. Anger (2003)

9. Reload (1997)

8. Load (1996)

7. Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (2016)

6. Death Magnetic (2008)

5. Kill 'Em All (1983)

4. Metallica/Black Album (1991)

3. ...And Justice For All (1988)

2. Ride The Lightning (1984)

And the winner is...

Master Of Puppets (1986)

• Like 1

Don't shoulda coulda woulda all over yourself. MoP is a near perfect metal album, the fact RtL remains this far into the poll is a testament to how good it is, as well.

MoP is better and while both instrumentals are awesome, I give it to Ktulu for it's climax since Orion just fades out at the end.

MoP is better and while both instrumentals are awesome, I give it to Ktulu for it's climax since Orion just fades out at the end.

Oh I'm going Ktulu every time. Honestly Orion for me is third place behind Ktulu and To Live Is To Die. It's better than Pulling Teeth though.