Let's settle this once and for all, which is best, which is worse? Presto or Snakes & Arrows?

treeduck

Snakes & Arrows vs Presto  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you prefer, Snakes & Arrows or Presto?

• Presto is better
    • Snakes & Arrows is better
    • Presto is worse
    • Snakes & Arrows is worse
    • Neither let's go back 1976-1981 and forget these two albums
    • My name is Tony R and I only listen to bootlegs these days, though in public I call listening to bootlegs the work of morons and geeks

Presto's been growing on me slowly as the months go by. I don't see S&A moving out of my "least favorite" spot anytime soon, although there are plenty fine songs on that album. Edited by ST3V
  • Like 2

I like a fair amount of Snakes and Arrows.

I think Presto is their worst album, not counting the debut since it doesn't even feel like a Rush album.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 1

As complete albums Presto definitely gets it from me but half of CA definitely more mature & developed great Rush. If the whole album had been same quality it could've been their very best, nevermind better than Presto.

As it is, Presto high quality from start to finish so easily beats CA for me

• Like 1

I listen to Presto fairly often, and I like most of the songs. I don't mind the crisp ("tinny"?) 80s sound when applied sensibly, so for me it was a vast improvement from HYF, which suffers from unrestrained, overindulgent overuse of 80s noises. I like that Alex was brought back to the forefront.

Snakes and Arrows sounds great, but the material consists of too many dirges and Neil at his preachy worst. Where Vapor Trails was captivating in its raw emotion, Snakes feels like an insufferably long soulless lecture. Maybe that's why the instrumentals stand out so blatantly as the best tracks.

And I love this art concept...

presto-1.jpg

• Like 3

I think every song on Snakes and Arrows except for Faithless, Bravest Face, Good News First, and We Hold On is great. The other songs are some of my favorite Rush songs. I think Presto has some standouts, but also has more weak songs.

Presto is at the bottom of the Rush pile for me.

After a night of drinking have you never thought about Presto, felt sorrow for it and temporarily inserted into the middle of the pack in your RUSH rankings? Then the next day quickly stuffed it back at the bottom again? :16ton:

• Like 3

After a night of drinking have you never thought about Presto, felt sorrow for it and temporarily inserted into the middle of the pack in your RUSH rankings? Then the next day quickly stuffed it back at the bottom again? :16ton:

Sadly I have yet to find alcohol strong enough to encourage this act of musical charity.

Perhaps this is the answer ...

71uPPythnxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 3

Sadly I have yet to find alcohol strong enough to encourage this act of musical charity.

:lol:

• Like 1

I like a fair amount of Snakes and Arrows.

I think Presto is their worst album, not counting the debut since it doesn't even feel like a Rush album.

I totally agree with you.

In the recent ‘ 2022 definitive Treeduck rankings’ I placed

Presto 18th ( i.e 2nd bottom ) & the non-Neil debut bottom.

Here's the stuff for you.

JeppsonsMalort_900x.jpg

• Like 1

Ghost Rider hit it for me. Presto isn't bad (although I like the couple of songs they did live from it better than studio version) but not much stands out for me. I like Snakes and Arrows a lot, especially Far Cry and a few others.
  • Like 2

Ghost Rider hit it for me. Presto isn't bad (although I like the couple of songs they did live from it better than studio version) but not much stands out for me. I like Snakes and Arrows a lot, especially Far Cry and a few others.

What about this album?

HEMI-Fallen-Trees-PE-Front.jpg

• Like 2