Every word you say, Every game you play, Every night you stay, I'll be watching you

JohnRogers

Candle lit, wine poured, HGTV type renovation program on the OLED, on the screen a family at a fire-pit making s'mores.

Denise: We should make s'mores.

John: I don't like s'mores.

Denise: What, you don't like s'mores? That's crazy. Who doesn't like s'mores?

John: I'm not into marshmallows. I've never liked marshmallows except the small ones you get in Lucky Charms. (first mention of Lucky Charms since 1988)

Denise: We're making s'mores, you'll like them.

End Scene

This morning first time ever on my Fakebook "page".

273413223_23850068812250647_5999394943728151976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c53a18&_nc_ohc=Qia_CU5UysMAX9xipBv&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-RSlOpRQz3V-y8r3ewnUaO-oCZR2MvnU7QvinCdy3e_A&oe=6217A2B5

Alexa?

amazon-echo-listening.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=php-3.3.0

EFymkL6WsAIrlYo.jpg

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 5

I'm not sure it's limited to "smart" devices. My wife and I can have a conversation near her laptop about something, and the next thing you know, her Facebook ads suggest something related. Phone, too, I think, but now I'm starting to sound paranoid. Or am I not paranoid enough?

It hasn't happened to my wife or I... but my daughter has said a couple of times that she gets ads for stuff she's talked about. iPhone.

I do hate it though that when I do an internet search for something, I'll instantly see ads on FB or other web pages for related stuff.

Have taken to a VPN for internet searching for the last couple of months... to confuse the google. Anonymous me surfing off a server in Romania now when I want to seek out something new, or search for medical information.

When I was teaching each room had a banner on the wall with pockets where the kids would store their phones. During the day Sirie would randomly answer questions asked during instruction. She is always listening...and storing and sorting what she hears.