Rush R40 Boxset (Original Release) Where To Buy?

TheGhostRider

I've been struggling to find this box set in the original release version. I own all the concert videos but I'm looking to upgrade some of them to Bluray and get the bonus Test For Echo footage. Amazon sells a scaled down version in cheap packaging but I would really like to find the original Blu ray package. I've only seen maybe 2 for sale and both were European releases meaning they won't play on my player. The DVD set seems to be the most common but I have several of the concert videos on DVD and despite being very careful several of them are scratched. I've had no luck on Amazon and Ebay. I saw a copy on Discogs but I've never used it. Does anybody know or can point me in the right direction to find it? Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 1

I've been struggling to find this box set in the original release version. I own all the concert videos but I'm looking to upgrade some of them to Bluray and get the bonus Test For Echo footage. Amazon sells a scaled down version in cheap packaging but I would really like to find the original Blu ray package. I've only seen maybe 2 for sale and both were European releases meaning they won't play on my player. The DVD set seems to be the most common but I have several of the concert videos on DVD and despite being very careful several of them are scratched. I've had no luck on Amazon and Ebay. I saw a copy on Discogs but I've never used it. Does anybody know or can point me in the right direction to find it?

I haven't seen a set around lately but I have used Discogs in the past. The interface was a little clunky (it's been about a year, can't remember exactly) , like it's a 2 step thing, you say you want to buy it and when the person responds then you pay, if I am remembering correctly. I have purchased about 6 or 7 vinyl albums there and the conditions were as good as listed or even better. Which is all my longwinded way of saying that if you are interested, don't let being new on Discogs scare you off. I hope you can find it!

I've been struggling to find this box set in the original release version. I own all the concert videos but I'm looking to upgrade some of them to Bluray and get the bonus Test For Echo footage. Amazon sells a scaled down version in cheap packaging but I would really like to find the original Blu ray package. I've only seen maybe 2 for sale and both were European releases meaning they won't play on my player. The DVD set seems to be the most common but I have several of the concert videos on DVD and despite being very careful several of them are scratched. I've had no luck on Amazon and Ebay. I saw a copy on Discogs but I've never used it. Does anybody know or can point me in the right direction to find it?

I haven't seen a set around lately but I have used Discogs in the past. The interface was a little clunky (it's been about a year, can't remember exactly) , like it's a 2 step thing, you say you want to buy it and when the person responds then you pay, if I am remembering correctly. I have purchased about 6 or 7 vinyl albums there and the conditions were as good as listed or even better. Which is all my longwinded way of saying that if you are interested, don't let being new on Discogs scare you off. I hope you can find it!

Good to know. I sent an offer to the seller, let’s see what happens. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

For what its worth, I have the "scaled down" packaging you referenced. The Blurays are the same, and I prefer it because it fits on my shelf with my other concert discs (as opposed to the original book packaging, which needs to be either in its own space or on your book shelf.

Something to consider, but I understand wanting the original book it is packaged in.

For what its worth, I have the "scaled down" packaging you referenced. The Blurays are the same, and I prefer it because it fits on my shelf with my other concert discs (as opposed to the original book packaging, which needs to be either in its own space or on your book shelf.

Something to consider, but I understand wanting the original book it is packaged in.

Good to know. I saw the scaled down packaging and I didn’t really like the way the discs were crammed together. It reminded me of the R40 Live packaging and how annoying it was.