I've finally cleaned up my connecting cables for my stereo speakers

treeduck

Cleared up the dust and spiders webs, new clean connections, NOW we're talking, my ears are bleeding once again. :haz:

turn-it-to-11-volume-11-guitar-amp-unisex-hoodie.jpg

• Like 2

Cleared up the dust and spiders webs, new clean connections, NOW we're talking, my ears are bleeding once again. :haz:

It does sound better, bigger and fuller and more powerful. It's probably 18 months since I last sorted those connectors out, maybe 2 years. Around when the pandemic started.

• Like 1

It does sound better, bigger and fuller and more powerful. It's probably 18 months since I last sorted those connectors out, maybe 2 years. Around when the pandemic started.

To stick with the pandemic theme ... you have kinda given your sound system a 'booster'.
  • Like 1

To stick with the pandemic theme ... you have kinda given your sound system a 'booster'.

Yeah it had covid dust fever!

• Like 1

I bet it sounds great! I got some new speakers around 3 years ago and ORF talked me into the copper wire and banana connectors. He gave good advice!

tudv14Fm.jpg

They're not the only bananas you like either!

:lol: :lol:

• Like 2

I bet it sounds great! I got some new speakers around 3 years ago and ORF talked me into the copper wire and banana connectors. He gave good advice!

tudv14Fm.jpg

It does sound good. When I was listening the day before the sound was kind of weaker and getting slightly messily distorted during certain musical passages. After the clean up the sound is bigger, fuller, more powerful, and clean as a mountain spring. Like it normally is!

• Like 1

tudv14Fm.jpg

It does sound good. When I was listening the day before the sound was kind of weaker and getting slightly messily distorted during certain musical passages. After the clean up the sound is bigger, fuller, more powerful, and clean as a mountain spring. Like it normally is!

You have cool speakers, too, right? KEF or Klipsch or something?

• Like 1

tudv14Fm.jpg

Yes KEF. The wood is really solid and thick and substantial, like an oak bookcase, and yet they don't look bulky and aren't too heavy and they look really smart in black.

• Like 2

tudv14Fm.jpg

Yes KEF. The wood is really solid and thick and substantial, like an oak bookcase, and yet they don't look bulky and aren't too heavy and they look really smart in black.

Which model? I had the LS50s for a while.

tudv14Fm.jpg

I'll have to have a look and check.

tudv14Fm.jpg

I'll have to have a look and check.

Ok mine are one of the old KEF Cresta models, I'm not sure which one. They're a lot bigger than the LS50's with a wooden cabinet, as I said, and not as modern looking as those. I've had mine for like 20 years though.