Foo Fighters: Albums Elimination (Round 4)

_hi_water._

10 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Foo Fighters (1995)
    • The Colour And The Shape (1997)
    • There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999)
    • In Your Honor (2005)
    • Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007)
    • Wasting Light (2011)
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Foo Fighters (1995)
    • The Colour And The Shape (1997)
    • There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999)
    • In Your Honor (2005)
    • Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007)
    • Wasting Light (2011)

I’m probably gonna die on this hill, but TINLTL is just too soft through most of the runtime. I don’t dislike any of it, but after the first three tracks it’s like they just get kinda tired. Too smooth. Not much of a pulse. MIA is a good closer though.

On the other hand, the first disc of In Your Honor has one of the Foos most epic openings, and follows that up with two of their most lively hits, then continues down the path of great, heavy, energetic rock and roll for most of its lean 10 song runtime. I rarely play the second disc and rarely think about it either.

The common thread for most of these elimination lists is the newer records end up being lowest on the list. This tells me many artists continue to make albums well past their creative peaks. Edited by stoopid

The common thread for most of these elimination lists is the newer records end up being lowest on the list. This tells me many artists continue to make albums well past their creative peaks.

Which brings up a kind of question I think I've heard asked before, would you rather have all of Foo Fighters after The Color And The Shape (which I'm assuming will win), or just the first two albums and nothing else?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

The common thread for most of these elimination lists is the newer records end up being lowest on the list. This tells me many artists continue to make albums well past their creative peaks.

Is it truly that, or is it possibly that a lot of these series have people vote off the latest without having listened to it?

That literally happened with Deep Purple and Heart. It's frustratingly lazy

• Like 1

I’m probably gonna die on this hill, but TINLTL is just too soft through most of the runtime. I don’t dislike any of it, but after the first three tracks it’s like they just get kinda tired. Too smooth. Not much of a pulse. MIA is a good closer though.

On the other hand, the first disc of In Your Honor has one of the Foos most epic openings, and follows that up with two of their most lively hits, then continues down the path of great, heavy, energetic rock and roll for most of its lean 10 song runtime. I rarely play the second disc and rarely think about it either.

I like it for the same reasons I like Echoes and Concrete. Lots of light and shade. Learn To Fly, Generator, Headwires, Stacked Actors, Aurora, Next Year are all bangers.

The Foos are capable of putting out raw, heavy stuff like Wasting Light and TCATS, but also more dynamic stuff like the aforementioned three to great success.

• Like 1

I like it for the same reasons I like Echoes and Concrete. Lots of light and shade. Learn To Fly, Generator, Headwires, Stacked Actors, Aurora, Next Year are all bangers.

The Foos are capable of putting out raw, heavy stuff like Wasting Light and TCATS, but also more dynamic stuff like the aforementioned three to great success.

It’s just missing something for me. Though the first three tracks are all some of their best.