• Kill 'Em All (1983)
    • Ride The Lightning (1984)
    • Master Of Puppets (1986)
    • ...And Justice For All (1988)
    • Metallica (Black Album) (1991)
    • Load (1996)
    • Death Magnetic (2008)
    • Hardwired... To Self-Destruct (2016)

I don't understand how THIS early you simply choose to vote to immunize Master Of Puppets and eliminate ...And Justice For All Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

Let me guess: Load goes this round and the black album goes next round. smh

Is Black your number 1? Just curious.

Also I agree with hi water, DM and HTSD will certainly be out before Black. Most bands can make those kinds of albums, and most bands would kill to make a single Black Album.

• Like 1

Also I agree with hi water, DM and HTSD will certainly be out before Black. Most bands can make those kinds of albums, and most bands would kill to make a single Black Album.

I think plenty of bands made better albums than the black album. They just didn't have the hype.

It is. I also happen to love Load and Reload. A drummer in a garage band I played in loved Metallica when Kill Em All came out. At the time it wasn't for me. It took me a very long time to warm up to early Metallica. We're talking within the last 5 years long.

• Like 1

I think plenty of bands made better albums than the black album. They just didn't have the hype.

Plenty of bands do make better albums than The Black Album, I agree. What they don’t do is make as successful albums as The Black Album, which is more what I meant.

Metallica has six albums better than the black album. The first four, Death Magnetic and Hardwired.

• Like 1

This is another one that's going to get really ugly when we get to the first couple of records.

Calling it now. MOP.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Really? Re-Load over Hardwired? Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire! Which in this case is for albums made by the empty husk of Metallica not to outperform simple late-period, but still awesome, Metallica.

Metallica has six albums better than the black album. The first four, Death Magnetic and Hardwired.

Absolutely. The best of Load and Reload would make a stronger album too.

This is another one that's going to get really ugly when we get to the first couple of records.

Calling it now. MOP.

lol Agree. Staying out of the conversation and grabbing some popcorn for the next rounds.