How often do you listen to A Show of Hands?

treeduck

How often do you listen to A Show of Hands?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you listen to A Show of Hands

• I listen to it regularly
    • I listen to it occasionally
    • I listened to it about 10 times, then didn't listen to it for ages, when I bought a CD copy 15 years later I listened to it 10 times...
    • I skipped that album
    • I listened to it twice and now it's on the shelf
    • I bought it back in the day and it's just a souvenir nowadays
    • I sold my copy in the 90's
    • I bought it and then never listened to it
    • I'd given up on RUSH by 1989
    • I don't like live albums
    • Coincidentally I've been thinking about listening to that album
    • Old Rush is better than newer Rush
    • I've never even heard that album
    • I downloaded it but never listened to it
    • I listen to a few songs from it on spotify now and then
    • I listen to it all the time
    • I took mine back to the shop and exchanged it for the new Jeff Beck album Guitar Shop in 1989
    • A Show of Hands got me back into RUSH, but later in the year Presto got me OUT of Rush again!
    • I was more into Motley Crue and Ratt by 1989
    • I burned my copy back in 1989
  2. 2. How do you rank A Show of Hands?

• Top 5 overall (including studio and live albums)
    • Top 10 overall
    • Top 20
    • 3rd in live albums
    • the best live album overall
    • 2nd in live albums
    • top 5 in live albums
    • #1 overall, the top RUSH album, the best RUSH record overall

Funny you should ask..........I rarely listen to the album but day before yesterday watched the Laserdisc version of the concert that I believe someone posted the link to on this forum. Absolutely outstanding.

Only bought the VCR of this. Did play it a lot at the time though.

I think I still have my vhs copy somewhere. The CD version got a few listens originally, but that's it. These days,, if I want live RUSH I play Different Stages, usually the disc 3 Hammersmith show.

The full Hammersmith show is on the A Farewell to Kings deluxe edition disc 2 and disc 3.

What songs are added? Edited by goose

I think I still have my vhs copy somewhere. The CD version got a few listens originally, but that's it. These days,, if I want live RUSH I play Different Stages, usually the disc 3 Hammersmith show.

The full Hammersmith show is on the A Farewell to Kings deluxe edition disc 2 and disc 3.

What songs are added?

Lakeside Park, 2112 (in full), Closer to the Heart and the drum solo.

And it sounds a hell of a lot better than DS disc 3 does, too. Mixed properly by Terry Brown and not compressed all to hell.

• Like 1

Can't vote in the poll because there's no option for - worst live album.

:lol:

"Most unnecessary"?

Late 80's Rush "well, we've got that '4 albums then a live' pattern the fans expect...let's put out a bunch of disjointed recordings..they'll love it"

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

It’s a great album for a greatest hits swing through the synth era with a little more balls than the original releases. I really like this album, though I haven’t listened to it all the way through for some time.
  • Like 1

I mislaid my CD copy which I've had for 20 years so I just ordered a replacement, £3 on ebay for a new one. I didn't listen to the 2002 copy all that much, maybe about 10 times.

I've still got my vinyl copy that I bought in 1989 but I don't listen on vinyl, and I bet I only listened to it about 10 times back then. Anyway I've not listened to it for a decade, but soon it will be back.

Do you care about this album?

Will I end up listening to the new copy about 10 times and that's it?

I haven’t listened to this one for probably ten years, at this point. I should get into it again…I listened to it quite a bit when it was new, but after the early ‘90s, not nearly as much. But I should revisit it.

• Like 1

I mislaid my CD copy which I've had for 20 years so I just ordered a replacement, £3 on ebay for a new one. I didn't listen to the 2002 copy all that much, maybe about 10 times.

I've still got my vinyl copy that I bought in 1989 but I don't listen on vinyl, and I bet I only listened to it about 10 times back then. Anyway I've not listened to it for a decade, but soon it will be back.

Do you care about this album?

Will I end up listening to the new copy about 10 times and that's it?

I haven’t listened to this one for probably ten years, at this point. I should get into it again…I listened to it quite a bit when it was new, but after the early ‘90s, not nearly as much. But I should revisit it.

Yeah I'm going to!

• Like 1

I remember watching the video thinking "man, they're starting to look older."

Now I'm thinking "wow, how young do they look?" :D

I remember thinking they were looking old when I first saw the picture of them on the back of GUP.

I remember thinking they were looking old when I first saw the picture of them on the back of GUP.

Geddy in particular has always been a bit ruddy-faced, but yeah, I remember thinking the same, honestly. He was, what, 30 years old then…but definitely looked older, IMO.

Geddy in particular has always been a bit ruddy-faced, but yeah, I remember thinking the same, honestly. He was, what, 30 years old then…but definitely looked older, IMO.

For the next album it looked like they'd had a Miami Vice make-over!

For the next album it looked like they'd had a Miami Vice make-over!

Strewth!

And by Hold Your Fire, Alex had gone full Flock of Seagulls.

• Like 1

My first live Rush album. I used to listen to it constantly, and watched the VHS tape a lot too.

It's not their best live recording, but it's damn good.

I don't even like The Big Money, but I liked Alex's live energy on the riff.

• Like 1