How excited are you about the upcoming new MEGADETH album, reportedly titled "The Sick, the Dying...and the Dead"?

treeduck

How excited are you about the new MEGADETH album?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you about the new MEGADETH album on a scale of 1-10?

• 10 - I'm f***ing out of my mind waiting around for it, I can't f***ing sleep wondering what Dave Mustaine is doing!
    • 9 - I'm absolutely creaming my jeans at the prospect
    • 8 - I'm very excited
    • 7 - I'm looking forward to it
    • 6 - I'm interested and cautiously optimistic
    • 5 - Meh, they haven't done a good one since the mid 90's
    • 4 - I didn't even know there was a new album in the works
    • 3 - Are Megadeth still going?
    • 2 - God I hate that band, Mustaine is a dick, he can't sing and he looks like an upright asshole with ginger hair
    • 1 - Not interested in the slightest, can't stand their stuff
    • 0 - I think I'd kill Mustaine if I ever met him
    • -1 - Dave Shitstaine is a blight on the musical landscape and should be purged
    • -10 - If I hear another note of Megadeth's music I'll find a real warhead and bury it in Mustaine's forehead!

Oh so that song slaps hard!

Yes I'm excited for more Megadeth. I think it's time to revisit their discography, I always have a good time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh so that song slaps hard!

Yes I'm excited for more Megadeth. I think it's time to revisit their discography, I always have a good time.

It's funny when people complain that Mustaine is a bitter douchebag and don't seem to realize that's the reason we consistently get really good stuff from him. If he was content and happy Megadeth would probably suck 😄

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It's funny when people complain that Mustaine is a bitter douchebag and don't seem to realize that's the reason we consistently get really good stuff from him. If he was content and happy Megadeth would probably suck 😄

I never mind his moaning, they have the best discography of the Big 4. Only Testament and Kreator best them in thrash for me for overall output.

Sometimes I am not in the mood for his voice, but when I get in the mood, I can happily binge them for days.

• Like 3

nah but it seems pretty solid. honestly when I'm in a megadeth mood I'm cool sticking with the first 5 or 6 albums. a new album by an old band is usually good for a few listens and then I just wanna hear the classic shit again. out of the newer stuff (new meaning after 2000) I think endgame is the one that holds up the most. it's basically their attempt at rust in peace 2, but dave can't exactly replicate it because he isn't smoking crack and shooting heroin anymore

• Like 1

I'm a complete minority with my opinion of Dystopia. It is my least favorite Megadeth album--I know!   IMO there are a lot of uninspired re-tread riffs and Dave's vocals and vocal production pretty much ruin it for me.  The two positive takeaways I have is the laser-sharp aggressive approach to the song writing (although they are boring) and Kiko absolutely slays. I have always considered Mustaine a musical genius and prolific song writer. He is very thoughtful, innovative, and often ironic with his melodies and riffs. Even Super Colider has a few tracks like to return to but I just can't get into Dystopia and I tried numerous times.

My favorite 'Deth album is Peace Sells so I definitely like the heavier side of the band--and I like what I've heard from the new album. At least Dave's voice isn't doubled up and totally monotone. And the riffs are a little less predictable. I'll definitely buy this to keep my Megadeth collection complete. 

The three singles are great. I think the title track, Life In Hell and Dogs Of Chernobyl are standouts as well. The rest of the album is solid enough to make it very enjoyable. Boo bonus tracks though. This album should definitely end with We'll Be Back.

• Like 1