• I own almost all of them, but strangely not the celebrated debut album
    • I'm just getting into ASIA, so none yet but I'm going to be getting some
    • I threw the ones I had in the furnace
    • I sold my ASIA albums
    • I gave mine away
    • I have multiple copies of all their albums
    • I don't even think I've heard any songs from ASIA
    • Never even heard of the band
    • My name is Christian Bale, I've never heard of ASIA, or King Crimson or Yes, I don't know what rock music is, except for Genesis
    • What? Another ASIA thread? Oh yeah you did explain that treeduck with your first post, ok...

Yeah, another ASIA thread. I just think there's a bunch of ASIA fans hiding in this forum and eventually I'll find them! I can name two of them right now, Tony R and Fridge. Come out and admit your ASIA fanboi status, come out of the shadows and into the light! :madra: :bang bang:

I have the debut ASIA album from 1982 but that's it. I picked up Astra when it was released because I liked the song "Go", but the rest of the album did nothing for me, so I got rid of it.

Criminal! :tsk:

Years ago, I read about the value of a band being opposite to the size or population of the land they`re named after. It nearly works -

Kansas, Boston - Good

America, Europe, Chicago, Texas - Not so good

Which always put me off Asia.

Edited by IbanezJem

Besides all the albums, and a couple of live albums, I also have the Asia Live In Asia broadcast on cassette from the night I taped it. 1982, with Greg Lake on bass and vocals.
  • Like 1

I had the debut and second album, long ago. The debut is an iconic 80s album. I still like the few hits from it, would need to youtube the other tracks as I don't remember any of them individually. In comparison, I've recently played 90125 from start to finish and listen to a few songs from that album regularly. Both are iconic mid-80s pop-rock-prog, but Yes did it better IMO. I'll take Greg Lake over Jon Anderson on vocals any day though, Greg just has a more pleasing voice.
  • Like 1

I think I had the first one on cassette . . . maybe the second one, but I definitely bought the third one when it came out, and that was that. I never replaced those tapes with CDs as I did with many things.
  • Like 1

I had the debut and second album, long ago. The debut is an iconic 80s album. I still like the few hits from it, would need to youtube the other tracks as I don't remember any of them individually. In comparison, I've recently played 90125 from start to finish and listen to a few songs from that album regularly. Both are iconic mid-80s pop-rock-prog, but Yes did it better IMO. I'll take Greg Lake over Jon Anderson on vocals any day though, Greg just has a more pleasing voice.

:goodone:

I had the debut on vinyl and that's it, but played it a ton. I listened to the album via Amazon Prime just a couple of weeks ago and still enjoyed it. Pretty much all the Asia I need.

Take the above comments and replace "Asia" with "Zebra" for my thoughts on that band as well.

Years ago, I read about the value of a band being opposite to the size or population of the land they`re named after. It nearly works -

Kansas, Boston - Good

It even works for Chicago. Early Chicago good (and smaller in area), late Chicago, bad (and larger).

• Like 1

Kansas, Boston - Good

It even works for Chicago. Early Chicago good (and smaller in area), late Chicago, bad (and larger).

:ebert:
  • Like 1

Kansas, Boston - Good

Numbers 5, 2 and 1 for Sheitcago and Cetera. Saw this on his Patreon page yesterday.

"A thing that should not be! You thought we were done with your ass, didn't you, Cetera?" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tkq24RmgaQ&t=5s

Edited by invisible airwave

There are a couple of tunes on one of the later Asia records that are pretty good: "Holy War" and another I can't remember the title of. "Through my Veins"? Anyway, I thought they sounded like the "old" Asia. Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1