A Natural Question... Megadeth vs Asia - which band do you prefer? The New Nemeses

treeduck

Megadeth vs Asia  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Megadeth vs Asia - which band do you prefer?

Ground breaking VS money making

Post youthanasia is as bad as asia....

When peace sells came out it appealed to me in the same way old rush did. Sick energy.

To this day, wake up dead is my fave song pre biking or skiing tune.

So you go biking and skiing? Where the mountains?

Dang, I thought Family Guy was generally unfunny but I found that really funny!

By the way, lead singer from Asia was also lead singer from much cooler if much less popular UK, and previously lead singer for much much cooler and much more acclaimed (but still less popular) King Crimson, during the best phase of their career if you ask me. Yes John Wetton may have been more of a pop loyalist at heart, but his work with the big KC was inspired.

If you find Family Guy unfunny then your sense of humor is way too serious lol.

Never got into Family Guy. I find its humor to be very self aware.

From the man who brought you :fury: King Diamond vs Barry Manilow. :coy:

There is a musical connection between these bands, Al Pitrelli was lead guitarist for both bands. He was on the Aqua and Aria albums for Asia and The World Needs a Hero album with Megadeth.

I had no idea. Honestly.

That still doesn’t sway me toward picking Asia here, though. Megadeth, by not just a country mile, but the circumference of the Earth.

• Like 2

When peace sells came out it appealed to me in the same way old rush did. Sick energy.

Appreciate your post, but have to disagree with part of it.

The System Has Failed, Endgame, Th1rt3en and Dystopia are all fantastic.

• Like 3

There is a musical connection between these bands, Al Pitrelli was lead guitarist for both bands. He was on the Aqua and Aria albums for Asia and The World Needs a Hero album with Megadeth.

I had no idea. Honestly.

That still doesn’t sway me toward picking Asia here, though. Megadeth, by not just a country mile, but the circumference of the Earth.

Welcome back!

• Like 1

I had no idea. Honestly.

Welcome back!

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

I had no idea. Honestly.

Welcome back!

Thanks mate!

:sundog:

• Like 1

Yeah, lived in the mtns since the early 80s.

I need gravity and love both mtn biking and telemark skiing.

Are you in great shape?

Musically speaking they still rip. Lyrics were huge to me with early deth and I can't relate to Dave anymore. No need to elaborate why.

I like parts of the system has failed. Back in the day!

Are you in great shape?

Nothing special, an old chimp trying to keep on keeping on.

Lol. I have hurt myself alot crashing and overdoing it. So I gotta stretch and walk everyday to stay right. 3 miles walk and yoga everyday for 13 years. Unless I am so hurt I cant walk.

Maybe I should stop listening to wake up dead!

I am into it. Two times in my life when I am living in the moment.no other thoughts when riding or skiing.

Edited by tangy
  • Like 1

Are you in great shape?

Nothing special, an old chimp trying to keep on keeping on.

Lol. I have hurt myself alot crashing and overdoing it. So I gotta stretch and walk everyday to stay right. 3 miles walk and yoga everyday for 13 years. Unless I am so hurt I cant walk.

Maybe I should stop listening to wake up dead!

I am into it. Two times in my life when I am living in the moment.no other thoughts when riding or skiing.

Cool! :cool:

Musically speaking they still rip. Lyrics were huge to me with early deth and I can't relate to Dave anymore. No need to elaborate why.

I can understand that. As I said earlier in this thread, I don’t care about the lyrics, compared to the punch of the music.

And that’s kind of funny, because in general I always pay attention to lyrics, I love them. But when it comes to metal I don’t care, really. It’s about the sound.

• Like 2

I can understand that. As I said earlier in this thread, I don’t care about the lyrics, compared to the punch of the music.

And that’s kind of funny, because in general I always pay attention to lyrics, I love them. But when it comes to metal I don’t care, really. It’s about the sound.

I agree.

I agree.

I also agree.

• Like 1

I agree.

That's too bad as early deth had good lyrics. Way better than Metallica and actually one of the big reasons I prefer deth over Metallica.

I assume all you guys know what the band name means?

I agree.

That's too bad as early deth had good lyrics. Way better than Metallica and actually one of the big reasons I prefer deth over Metallica.

One million deaths in a nuclear war.

I never liked Metallica, this despite making a concerted effort to get into them, including buying Master of Puppets in 1986 on the Music for Nations label. I don't wasting money but I just couldn't like it.

• Like 1

I agree.

I never liked Metallica, this despite making a concerted effort to get into them, including buying Master of Puppets in 1986 on the Music for Nations label. I don't wasting money but I just couldn't like it.

Yes indeed. Scary stuff.

I guess Metallica was not quite metal enough for your tastes. Lol. I appreciate some of their earlier music.

• Like 1

I agree.

Yes indeed. Scary stuff.

I guess Metallica was not quite metal enough for your tastes. Lol. I appreciate some of their earlier music.

I don't know what it was, to me they always sound amateur with poor songs. Maybe it's just me. :huh: