19 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• High Voltage (1976)
    • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)
    • Let There Be Rock (1977)
    • Powerage (1978)
    • Highway To Hell (1979)
    • Back In Black (1980)
    • For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) (1981)
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• High Voltage (1976)
    • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)
    • Let There Be Rock (1977)
    • Powerage (1978)
    • Highway To Hell (1979)
    • Back In Black (1980)
    • For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) (1981)

The Razors Edge has been eliminated.

16. Ballbreaker (1995)

15. Rock Or Bust (2014)

14. Stiff Upper Lip (2000)

13. Blow Up Your Video (1988)

12. Black Ice (2008)

11. Fly On The Wall (1985)

10. Power Up (2020)

9. Flick Of The Switch (1983)

8. The Razors Edge (1990)

Let There Be Rock is the least listened to by me. It's their heaviest, though.

The original had a novelty track called Crabsody In Blue instead of Problem Child, which was lifted from Dirty Deeds for the international LTBR release.

Difficult now but I'd plump for Dirty Deeds being the weakest of the Bon era. Fun album though.

Powerage is the connoisseurs choice I'm guessing - needs a few listens to let it 'breathe' for some but it's Keith Richards fave I hear so who can argue with that!

Edited by Malignant Narcissist

Difficult now but I'd plump for Dirty Deeds being the weakest of the Bon era. Fun album though.

Powerage is the connoisseurs choice I'm guessing - needs a few listens to let it 'breath' for some but it's Keith Richards fave I hear so who can argue with that!

:goodone:

The Aussie Dirty Deeds has Jailbreak and Rock In Peace. Especially weird that the former was left off, as it is a great song.

• Like 3

Powerage is the connoisseurs choice I'm guessing - needs a few listens to let it 'breath' for some but it's Keith Richards fave I hear so who can argue with that!

The Aussie Dirty Deeds has Jailbreak and Rock In Peace. Especially weird that the former was left off, as it is a great song.

Soul Stripper!

• Like 1

Soul Stripper!

Great song! That's on the Aussie original High Voltage album. I used to have all the original ACDC imports, but sold them a few years ago. TNT and Let There Be Rock were cool gatefolds
  • Like 1

Soul Stripper!

Great song! That's on the Aussie original High Voltage album. I used to have all the original ACDC imports, but sold them a few years ago. TNT and Let There Be Rock were cool gatefolds

I still have them all Allen! In a cool box set. Also on rare vinyl!!!

I seem to have the Aussie Let there be rock. Not with gatefold sleeve though :-(

Crabsody's a fun tune. I can't imagine it with Problem Child - one of fave songs off Dirty Deeds. I love it when they crank it out on the live 'If you've want blood'.

To be honest, I can't really choose between the run from Let there be rock to Back in Black. Obviously BIB is the smooth/well-oiled-machine-production version of ACDC but the previous ones are the dirty, sweaty rockers that got them there. Love the 1st 2 and For those too but just a tad behind the rest for me.

Soul Stripper!

I still have them all Allen! In a cool box set. Also on rare vinyl!!!

People like me make your collectibles more valuable, lol!

I seem to have the Aussie Let there be rock. Not with gatefold sleeve though :-(

Crabsody's a fun tune. I can't imagine it with Problem Child - one of fave songs off Dirty Deeds. I love it when they crank it out on the live 'If you've want blood'.

To be honest, I can't really choose between the run from Let there be rock to Back in Black. Obviously BIB is the smooth/well-oiled-machine-production version of ACDC but the previous ones are the dirty, sweaty rockers that got them there. Love the 1st 2 and For those too but just a tad behind the rest for me.

A fair assessment. ACDC, Zep, Police, Van Halen...Rush, of course. What other bands have such a strong run of five or six albums?

A fair assessment. ACDC, Zep, Police, Van Halen...Rush, of course. What other bands have such a strong run of five or six albums?

Those first 5 Kansas albums are killer

• Like 1

Dirty Deeds the weakest of the remaining LPs for me.

Probably the right choice.

I love Ain't No Fun, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin and Love At First Feel, but I don't see them being rated very high by most other folks, and I understand why. They aren't very dynamic. Big Balls is as adolescently silly as AC/DC got, and that's saying something, lol.

I love Ain't No Fun, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin and Love At First Feel, but I don't see them being rated very high by most other folks, and I understand why. They aren't very dynamic. Big Balls is as adolescently silly as AC/DC got, and that's saying something, lol.

Big Balls is something only they could get away with, and have it be a decent rock song, and only with Bon Scott.

I prefer DDDDC to Powerage but I'm in the minority I'm sure.

• Like 1

Big Balls is something only they could get away with, and have it be a decent rock song, and only with Bon Scott.

I like all the Bon Scott albums pretty equally. Each has its own character. To your point about Big Balls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gihcqMrHnNQ

• Like 1

I like all the Bon Scott albums pretty equally. Each has its own character. To your point about Big Balls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gihcqMrHnNQ

Incredible album. I remember hearing "Big Balls" for the first time in my bedroom. I had to rewind it and play it again. Epic. BON SCOTT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2