Wordle, What the Hell Is It, Why?

JohnRogers

Okay, this morning I thought I heard on the radio that the New York Times is buying Wordle. I didn't pay much attention the Times is garbage.

Now all fracking day on Fakebook it appears everyone I know is doing Wordle and posting scores?

WTF?

Why?

Do you people Wordle?

Do you Wordle with your spouse or Wordle alone?

Is it safe to Wordle on a Zoom call?

It`s been a story for a few weeks here, as "everyone" - whoever the hell they are - plays it and now it`s news again that it`s been sold. Hopefully, I shan`t have to hear about it again as it`s a horrible word, "wordle". Edited by IbanezJem

Just a fun game, try and get a 5 letter word right in 6 tries, new word each day. Something new to escape from the world for a little bit, but now that NYT bought it I'm sure it'll get monetized and thrown behind a paywall in short order.
  • Like 3

I've been doing it with my sisters for about 3 weeks. We are spread out all over the country so it's been fun to share results with each other. I like it because it doesn't take as long as a crossword; you only get 6 chances and the words are pretty common- you don't need to know crossword puzzle secret words.

My main problem is trying to think of 5 letter words in the am when my brain is still mostly asleep! :lol:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Just a fun game, try and get a 5 letter word right in 6 tries, new word each day. Something new to escape from the world for a little bit, but now that NYT bought it I'm sure it'll get monetized and thrown behind a paywall in short order.

If that happens, then it was fun while it lasted. I'm not paying to play any games.

• Like 3

If that happens, then it was fun while it lasted. I'm not paying to play any games.

Word.

I still like my basic solitaire game on my work phone.

• Like 2

Not only will they make people pay for the game, they will put banner ads up for NY Times subscriptions too. Flood your mailbox with the 'new' offer. every. other. day. forever.

I love it. And I love that it's one and done. I usually get it in 3 or 4, but I've had a few twos. The first word is the key to it all.
  • Like 1

I'd be interested if it wasn't on social media. I absolutely refuse to be part of any social media platform.

Hash tag The Rush Forum. :oops: :D

LOL

The beauty of this place and the Seahawks forum I'm active on is that all the shit that makes Fakebook, Twatter and the like such cesspools is mostly kept out of the main purposes of these forums (music, football).

Someone calling me foul names is not going to get me to change my mind about politics, race. vaccinations, masks, etc. so why should I bother?

• Like 1

I'd be interested if it wasn't on social media. I absolutely refuse to be part of any social media platform.

LOL

The beauty of this place and the Seahawks forum I'm active on is that all the shit that makes Fakebook, Twatter and the like such cesspools is mostly kept out of the main purposes of these forums (music, football).

Someone calling me foul names is not going to get me to change my mind about politics, race. vaccinations, masks, etc. so why should I bother?

I wish more people understood that but I also wish people who voted did so for more and better reasons that the letter that appears after a candidate's name.

• Like 1

LOL

Thank goodness for Tribel which was previously called Liker. None of that toxic Zuerckerturd junk.

Okay, this morning I thought I heard on the radio that the New York Times is buying Wordle. I didn't pay much attention the Times is garbage.

Now all fracking day on Fakebook it appears everyone I know is doing Wordle and posting scores?

WTF?

Why?

Do you people Wordle?

Do you Wordle with your spouse or Wordle alone?

Is it safe to Wordle on a Zoom call?

Just played this wordle game this morning and got it on my second word. Maybe I should quit while I did so well.

• Like 1

Well, to clarify, it's just a word game. Like a crossword puzzle, the old "Jumble" in the papers, (no idea if that still exists...) It had no connection to Facebook or anything else, it was just something some guy in the UK came up with, you didn't have to subscribe or anything. You just went to the website, and had one chance a day to play. There is an option to copy your results and SHARE on FB, Twitter, etc. But at its very core, it's just a word game...

What remains to be seen is when The New York Times starts charging for it and how it will work for non-subscribers, if at all.

Word.

I still like my basic solitaire game on my work phone.

• Like 1