NOW He's Done

Rick N. Backer

Boston sports radio is losing its mind because Brady did not mention New England anywhere in his statement.

Actually that is quite a douche move, if thats the case. many/most other athletes would definitely mention the city that embraced them for decades.

Yeah, an obvious FU to Belichick and Kraft.

But it doesnt screw them as much as millions of fans up there. He could have done it in a way (if he didnt, I dont know what he said) that explicitly recognized the fans and the team exclusive of those two. And whether they are douches or not, they helped him - they helped give him and coach a team that got him to where he was. Its a douche move.

Absolutely, I’d think Brady would be much more media savvy.

• Like 1

Boston sports radio is losing its mind because Brady did not mention New England anywhere in his statement.

Actually that is quite a douche move, if thats the case. many/most other athletes would definitely mention the city that embraced them for decades.

But it doesnt screw them as much as millions of fans up there. He could have done it in a way (if he didnt, I dont know what he said) that explicitly recognized the fans and the team exclusive of those two. And whether they are douches or not, they helped him - they helped give him and coach a team that got him to where he was. Its a douche move.

I don't think Brady's relationship with Boston fans was ever the same since this rant from 2010.

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Following a 33-14 drubbing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that his team deserved to be booed, but said that "to suffer jeers from shortsighted brainless front-runners like Patriots fans was both laughable and pathetic." "The Ravens outplayed us here today, but I'm sorry, f**k all of you," Brady said to the Patriots' fan base, noting that the concept of a true Patriots fan was "barely even existent." "There's no doubt we could have executed better, just like there's no doubt those 68,756 slavering fair-weather pieces of shit in the stands have less right than anyone else to point that out. And if they have a problem with that, they should feel absolutely free to go f**k themselves." Brady added that, next to Pats fans, the Boston fans cheering for the Celtics' gang of johnny-come-lately mercenaries were the saddest f***ing thing he'd ever seen.

• Like 1

Im sure he'll give this a lot of thought while banging his wife on a pile of diamonds.

• Like 1

I don't think Brady's relationship with Boston fans was ever the same since this rant from 2010.

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Following a 33-14 drubbing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that his team deserved to be booed, but said that "to suffer jeers from shortsighted brainless front-runners like Patriots fans was both laughable and pathetic." "The Ravens outplayed us here today, but I'm sorry, f**k all of you," Brady said to the Patriots' fan base, noting that the concept of a true Patriots fan was "barely even existent." "There's no doubt we could have executed better, just like there's no doubt those 68,756 slavering fair-weather pieces of shit in the stands have less right than anyone else to point that out. And if they have a problem with that, they should feel absolutely free to go f**k themselves." Brady added that, next to Pats fans, the Boston fans cheering for the Celtics' gang of johnny-come-lately mercenaries were the saddest f***ing thing he'd ever seen.

What thin skin. No wonder he kisses his dad on the mouth.

Talk on one of the Boston sports radio station is speculating (with somewhat of an informed viewpoint) is that Brady either wanted the coach to be fired or wanted his unconditional release and the Bucs refused both.

Sure, he's probably the GOAT quarterback, but he actually said all that? That combined with snubbing NE in his retirement statement and (if true) him wanting Tampa coach Arians fired...yeah, that's GOAT-level self-centeredness and douchebaggery.

• Like 1

Talk on one of the Boston sports radio station is speculating (with somewhat of an informed viewpoint) is that Brady either wanted the coach to be fired or wanted his unconditional release and the Bucs refused both.

Sure, he's probably the GOAT quarterback, but he actually said all that? That combined with snubbing NE in his retirement statement and (if true) him wanting Tampa coach Arians fired...yeah, that's GOAT-level self-centeredness and douchebaggery.

There's a reason I didn't link the source for my story. ;)

• Like 2

Oh no. They got over that with 3 more rings. They freaking worshipped the guy here.

Edit: OK so this specific incident didn't happen, but there was tension over the years, especially when Giselle got mouthy and Bill tried to replace him with Garopollo.

Edited by edhunter

Got me. F-ck him anyway lol.
  • Like 2

Well, shit. :lol:

I did ask if he actually said all that, so deep down I guess there was a tinge of doubt, but you did get me. Good satire always has some truth to it.

• Like 1

I did ask if he actually said all that, so deep down I guess there was a tinge of doubt, but you did get me. Good satire always has some truth to it.

https://www.theonion.com/tom-brady-id-have-booed-us-too-but-patriots-fans-are-1819571262

• Like 1

https://www.theonion.com/tom-brady-id-have-booed-us-too-but-patriots-fans-are-1819571262

Oh, so it IS true! ;)

• Like 1

What I remember is fans from the Bledsoe era back to the discovery of fire rooting for a POS lineup every season. I guess front-runner is accurate now, maybe. That kid from Alabama seems to be blowing up so maybe Boston will be just fine.

EDIT: FFS the Onion.

Edited by JohnRogers

What I remember is fans from the Bledsoe era back to the discovery of fire rooting for a POS lineup every season. I guess front-runner is accurate now, maybe. That kid from Alabama seems to be blowing up so maybe Boston will be just fine.

EDIT: FFS the Onion.

Jones had a decent rookie year, but his OC just left for Oakland and he doesn't have the ceiling of at least 6 other AFC QB's (Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Watson, Jackson, & Lawrence). Oops. That's 7. And there's still some moving about that could make him even further down.

Edited by edhunter

But if they're from Boston they should be able to handle that. They're a tough bunch and would say the same or worse to him. Sack up. (even if it is The Onion)

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 1

Im sure he'll give this a lot of thought while banging his wife on a pile of diamonds.

:laughing guy:

;)

If I never have to see that smug, surgically altered face again it will be too soon. He'll have much more time to kiss his teenage son on the lips now.

I reluctantly admired Bradshaw and Montana. Brady is a cheating crybaby. Good riddance.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/04/tom-brady-record-against-every-nfl-team

An article and layout from Sports Illustrated on Tom Brady’s record against every NFL. I checked it and it appears he did NOT have losing record against ANY other NFL team. Something I did not know, the team with the best record against him was the Miami Dolphins 12-24.

As for retiring for the moment, I say that because he’s crazy enough to comeback. I wish him well he done more than enough for New England sports. That said the Patriots are will probably STILL be fourth amongst the four major Boston area teams. Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics then the Patriots he couldn’t uplift them in my opinion. Also I’ll never have a liking to that hideous flying Elvis logo. Give me the old logo I’ve been a fan for far toooo long since 1972 to like that flying Elvis…..rant over. Back to sleep.

peace

He didn't even make it a week without opening the door for a return. He does a weekly interview with Jim Gray and made it pretty clear that he would play if the right situation came along. The inside info I keep hearing is that he hated both the coach and the offensive coordinator and wanted them gone.