Meat Loaf dies aged 74, with his wife at his side.

treeduck

I saw Meat Loaf at the Bottomline NYC in 1977. I went to find my ticket stub, which I thought I had and I cannot find it.

Thanks for the great show and music.

Ah, I found it.

Wrong venue and year, but I was close.

51835223149_303454a9f6.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 8

He was diagnosed with a heart condition known as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and was advised to limit the time he spent on stage. The third album in the Bat Out Of Hell series was released in 2006, but not before another major rift with Steinman.

Marvin Lee Aday was born and grew up in Dallas, the son of Orvis Wesley Aday, a former policeman, and Wilma Artie Hukel, an English teacher. ... But Meat Loaf wrote in his autobiography that the name came from his father: “He called me Meat Loaf almost from the time my mother brought me home.”

September 27th 1947 born. He has 2 daughters

R.I.P Meatloaf

His son in law is Scott Ian of Anthrax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 4

Very sad news. Bat Out Of Hell was an all time epic album! One of the greatest debuts ever. It was the soundtrack to that summer and more. Everyone I knew was listening to it. Really one of the few albums that I would put on a list of those that defined periods of my life.

For sure

• Like 3

R.I.P. Meat Loaf

I was fortunate enough to see a show from the Bat Out Of Hell Tour. It was in my top ten for sure. ... been a tough week in the sick and dying department ... I was texting with my best buddy who has been isolated in the hospital for 5 days. Three people who were on the same floor died since Thursday ... he has myasthenia gravis and has had complications with the valve implant that he has for his transfusions. Sad story and sad times.

Hang in there everybody!

• Like 5

I saw Meat Loaf at the Bottomline NYC in 1977. I went to find my ticket stub, which I thought I had and I cannot find it.

Lucky you. Don't give up on finding that stub

Very sad news. Bat Out Of Hell was an all time epic album! One of the greatest debuts ever. It was the soundtrack to that summer and more. Everyone I knew was listening to it. Really one of the few albums that I would put on a list of those that defined periods of my life.

Classic album, not quite his debut though...

http://images.45cat.com/stoney-and-meatloaf-what-you-see-is-what-you-get-rare-earth-3-s.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, I found it.

Don't be sad

One out of three ain't bad

Lol

You have seen great shows over the years! Well done.

• Like 2

Ah, I found it.

Don't be sad

Lol

Thanks.

I have a lot of missing stubs but back in my younger years, who knew ticket stubs would bring such pleasure later on in life. I'm sure many of them were destroyed in the wash.

• Like 1

Ah, I found it.

Don't be sad

Lol

Thanks.

I have a lot of missing stubs but back in my younger years, who knew ticket stubs would bring such pleasure later on in life. I'm sure many of them were destroyed in the wash.

I meant that most sincerely. You saw a bunch of groups in their prime.

Yeah, I am missing a few ticket stubs but got most of them too.

• Like 1

Ah, I found it.

Don't be sad

Lol

Thanks.

I didn't keep any of my 70s or most 80s stubs until probably '88. So many I wish I still had............

• Like 2

He was diagnosed with a heart condition known as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and was advised to limit the time he spent on stage. The third album in the Bat Out Of Hell series was released in 2006, but not before another major rift with Steinman.

Marvin Lee Aday was born and grew up in Dallas, the son of Orvis Wesley Aday, a former policeman, and Wilma Artie Hukel, an English teacher. ... But Meat Loaf wrote in his autobiography that the name came from his father: “He called me Meat Loaf almost from the time my mother brought me home.”

September 27th 1947 born. He has 2 daughters

R.I.P Meatloaf

His son in law is Scott Ian of Anthrax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvjiE4AdUI

So, Scott Ian married one of his daughters? Didn't know...

I loved Meatloaf's cameo in this movie. Critics kinda hated on this movie and the soundtrack, but I'm a fan.

• Like 2

Classic album, not quite his debut though...

http://images.45cat.com/stoney-and-meatloaf-what-you-see-is-what-you-get-rare-earth-3-s.jpg

I stand corrected! Thanks for that.

Ah, I found it.

Don't be sad

Lol

Thanks.

I didn't keep any of my 70s or most 80s stubs until probably '88. So many I wish I still had............

I have most of my ticket stubs since the early 70's. Until the mid 80's I put them in scrap books with the newspaper reviews from the next day. Still have them. A little bit of Toronto R&R history! One i don't have is Meatloaf at Exhibition Stadium. I have vague memories and a friend texted me about it and said he was on the bill with ELO. Again, a lot of the 70's concerts are hazy for some reason....

• Like 2