Meat Loaf dies aged 74, with his wife at his side.

treeduck

FUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I just found out seconds ago.

"BAT OUT OF HELL" is a classic.

BUT!

I love MEAT LOAF in the Tenacious D movie PICK OF DESTINY!!!

So sad.

Sign of the times.

Loving music finally has it's drawbacks.

"We are only immortal for a limited time......."

• Like 7

So sad to hear this news. A rock legend.

Thanks for all the memories your music holds for me.

RIP Meat Loaf.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 3

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He recorded, and released a lot of classic music, and was a great stage performer. He will be truly missed, and remembered. My condolences, and sympathies to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Michael (Meat Loaf). Edited by Derek19
  • Like 4

I had a feeling this was coming. There had been reports over the last couple years that he wasn't in good health. One of my favorite singers ever and an excellent on stage performer. He gave you ever ounce of energy he had at every show. Both Bat albums are all time classics. There wasn't a better voice to bring Jim Steinman's songs to life.

RIP

• Like 4

...And his role in the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I have a copy of his book To Hell And Back. Its a good, quick read. Someone who came out of absolutely nowhere and made it through hard work and a bit of luck.

The Choir Invisible needs his voice.

RIP

• Like 5

First concert in South Florida with Karen, Meatloaf at the original Hard Rock Live Hollywood.

RIP Mr. Loaf.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

Can't Say i'm surprised either. Everytie i'd seen him over the last i'd say 7 years he always looked ill.

One of my hero's and an abssolute larger than life personalty. he and Jim Steinman i believe were two of the forefathers of symphonic bombastic metal. without thoes two.....who knows what you get.

Bat II was an ICONIC album in 93. as iconic as the first. I bring up II because i was 8 then. and you can't understate how huge thart record was. Videos and singles EVERYWHERE.

Again RIP to a pioneer and a true one off star. He's rockin' somewhere with jim in the universe now.

Rock and Roll Dreams come Through.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 10

He was diagnosed with a heart condition known as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and was advised to limit the time he spent on stage. The third album in the Bat Out Of Hell series was released in 2006, but not before another major rift with Steinman.

Marvin Lee Aday was born and grew up in Dallas, the son of Orvis Wesley Aday, a former policeman, and Wilma Artie Hukel, an English teacher. ... But Meat Loaf wrote in his autobiography that the name came from his father: “He called me Meat Loaf almost from the time my mother brought me home.”

September 27th 1947 born. He has 2 daughters

R.I.P Meatloaf

Edited by Chicken hawk
  • Like 4

Bat out of Hell - brilliant album, so many fun memories around that time. And then we used to act out Paradise in a crazy dance at all the weddings.
  • Like 6

Bat out of Hell - brilliant album, so many fun memories around that time. And then we used to act out Paradise in a crazy dance at all the weddings.

One of my good female friends in highschool. we were theater kids......we always did paradise. we wanted to do it at the talant show. the strict staff was like.......um.......nooooooo, lol too racy for school i guess

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Can't Say i'm surprised either. Everytie i'd seen him over the last i'd say 7 years he always looked ill.

One of my hero's and an abssolute larger than life personalty. he and Jim Steinman i believe were two of the forefathers of symphonic bombastic metal. without thoes two.....who knows what you get.

Bat II was an ICONIC album in 93. as iconic as the first. I bring up II because i was 8 then. and you can't understate how huge thart record was. Videos and singles EVERYWHERE.

Again RIP to a pioneer and a true one off star. He's rockin' somewhere with jim in the universe now.

Rock and Roll Dreams come Through.

Mick

My wife loved Bat 1 in the 70's and 80's as she was growing up. When Bat 2 came out we'd play it all the time in the car on roadtrips and whatever. It made me a fan.

I agree with the statement about forefathers of symphonic metal. They certainly were.

• Like 4

One of my good female friends in highschool. we were theater kids......we always did paradise. we wanted to do it at the talant show. the strict staff was like.......um.......nooooooo, lol too racy for school i guess

Mick

I understand that Phil Rizzuto was pissed off for a long time - after he came to know what his voice was used for. LMAO.

• Like 2

A bunch of us did it at my wedding (since divorced) and my grandfather later called it "the frustration dance," lol.
  • Like 4

Very sad news. Bat Out Of Hell was an all time epic album! One of the greatest debuts ever. It was the soundtrack to that summer and more. Everyone I knew was listening to it. Really one of the few albums that I would put on a list of those that defined periods of my life.
  • Like 4

I saw Meat Loaf at the Bottomline NYC in 1977. I went to find my ticket stub, which I thought I had and I cannot find it.

Thanks for the great show and music.

• Like 4