Who has NEVER bought a deluxe edition (or equivalent) of an album in their lives?

treeduck

Who has NEVER bought a deluxe edition (or equivalent) of an album in their lives?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who has NEVER bought a deluxe edition (or equivalent) of an album in their lives?

• I never have. It makes me happy that I never allowed myself to be blatantly swindled by multi millionaire bands, and I feel superior to you who have.
    • Only RUSH stuff
    • I did buy one once, I use it as doorstop nowadays, so I'm getting my moneys worth
    • I have but only for my favourite (Top 5, top 10) bands
    • I've bought dozens
    • I've bought hundreds!
    • I've bought millions!
    • My name is EARL, you know the rest. I bought JAPAN!!
    • My name is Tony R, I only bought the cream of the crop of prog outfits and hard rock legends. No crap in my collection
    • My name is Jonathan Blaze, I'm too tight to buy actual albums I beam the music into my mind using a Reed Richards invention I borrowed
    • My name is Zepphead, I even bought all the merch from my local pub band and I hate them!
    • My name is THE CAT, I only buy what is cool, and I know what is cool...
    • My name is 73 and I haven't even bought a RUSH album yet! I'm too lazy to click the order button on amazon
    • My name is Becky Blueschica, I've bought everything of Lifeson's. I even stole his dirty laundry and swallowed his filthy underpants! And I loved it!
    • My name is MICK, I only buy things that are signed MICK... Mick

Where the hell is JB?

Don't worry I just told him about the poll and this is what he said right from the horse's mouth verbatim:

"Ok I just read it. Funnily, I'm the only westerner I know in japan who actually does buy albums, albeit on rare occasions. Everyone else boast of how they just steal it from here or there. Then there are the condescending comments of "Who buys these days?", "What's the point of buying?", etc."

• Like 1

Where the hell is JB?

Don't worry I just told him about the poll and this is what he said right from the horse's mouth verbatim:

"Ok I just read it. Funnily, I'm the only westerner I know in japan who actually does buy albums, albeit on rare occasions. Everyone else boast of how they just steal it from here or there. Then there are the condescending comments of "Who buys these days?", "What's the point of buying?", etc."

Nice! Yes! I help keep the Japanese Economy booming too!

• Like 1

Where the hell is JB?

Nice! Yes! I help keep the Japanese Economy booming too!

Aye!

• Like 1

Ah I didn't make it into the poll this time.

I've bought quite a few, not just for favorite bands. Sometimes on amazon they'll give you the deluxe edition mp3s with a standard edition CD or LP for no extra charge. Very cool.

Had to vote for me! I buy every deluxe version I can! Japan! American! UK! Fuckk It! It's tough being a completist. I never will be.

Earl how do you like Japan these days?

I've never been there Pat. Some year.

You don't need to you have 49% of it in your house!

Earl wants everyone to know that he's been collecting all the Japanese box sets and expanded editions of every black metal and death metal album in existence!

Hahahaha! Yeah right. But I am listening to a double live Japanese pressing of OPETH.

• Like 1

Earl wants everyone to know that he's been collecting all the Japanese box sets and expanded editions of every black metal and death metal album in existence!

Hahahaha! Yeah right. But I am listening to a double live Japanese pressing of OPETH.

SEXY!

Streamed many but bought none physically. A couple I wouldn't mind owning are Wildflowers by Petty and Aeroplane Flies High by Smashing Pumpkins. It's not quite "deluxe" but I have the combo of Ten and Ten Redux by Pearl Jam on vinyl.

Well mask-up and get out there and buy them! And send some other albums to your TRF pals. Send some Van Halen to EARL he needs as many copies as possible, he's making a Raiders display made from Van Halen I and II booklets!

• Like 2

Streamed many but bought none physically. A couple I wouldn't mind owning are Wildflowers by Petty and Aeroplane Flies High by Smashing Pumpkins. It's not quite "deluxe" but I have the combo of Ten and Ten Redux by Pearl Jam on vinyl.

Well mask-up and get out there and buy them! And send some other albums to your TRF pals. Send some Van Halen to EARL he needs as many copies as possible, he's making a Raiders display made from Van Halen I and II booklets!

You know me well! LOL!

• Like 1

You know me well! LOL!

:notworthy:

• Like 1

Nice to make it onto one of your polls!!

I am a sucker for box sets ... especially when they contain lots of little 'goodies' like booklets, tour program repros etc etc!

• Like 1