I hope you aren't bored of me yet... time for new album eliminations.

_hi_water._

23 members have voted

1. 1. Choose ALL Of The Artists/Bands You Wish To Do Album Eliminations Of:

2. 2. Choose ALL Of The Artists/Bands You Wish To Do Album Eliminations Of:

• The Cure
    • Dio
    • Metallica
    • Midnight Oil
    • The Police
    • Prince
    • Queensrÿche
    • R.E.M.
    • Scorpions
    • Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
    • Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    • Zebra
    • None of them.
  3. 3. Choose ALL Of The Artists/Bands You Wish To Do Album Eliminations Of:

• Alice In Chains
    • Buckethead
    • Coldplay
    • Foo Fighters
    • Pearl Jam
    • Porcupine Tree
    • Riverside
    • Soundgarden
    • Threshold
    • Tiles
    • The Tragically Hip
    • Steven Wilson
    • None of them.

This poll is closed to new votes

In the making of this thread... here are the eliminations in progress:

Dream Theater

Journey

Heart

Triumph

Up next: UFO

We will do Jethro Tull eventually - gotta wait a while after they release their new album.

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

Dream Theater

Journey

Heart

Triumph

We will do Jethro Tull eventually - gotta wait a while after they release their new album.

We're not bored!

Taking any more suggestions for far into the future? Megadeth would be good eventually if Metallica is on the list. Gentle Giant would also be cool, and King Crimson. Actually very curious to see the results of some KC around here. Have we done Steely Dan? Lots of folks around here love them.

Dream Theater

Journey

Heart

Triumph

Why wait for Tull?? ..... Sure the new album isn't a proper Tull album anyway lol!!

Dream Theater

Journey

Heart

Triumph

Why wait for Tull?? ..... Sure the new album isn't a proper Tull album anyway lol!!

It would be first out anyway
  • Like 1

JMO, but the key to these things being interesting is there has to be a reasonable debate about what their best album is. The Police and AC/DC are great choices, because I think you're going to get a broad diversity of opinion.

UFO you can probably save some time and just put Lights Out up against Obsession. :)

• Like 2

JMO, but the key to these things being interesting is there has to be a reasonable debate about what their best album is. The Police and AC/DC are great choices, because I think you're going to get a broad diversity of opinion.

UFO you can probably save some time and just put Lights Out up against Obsession. :)

If there was ever a band that doesn't need one of these polls, it's Boston.

• Like 2

Buckethead? I'm assuming including him (and Air Supply) was a joke, but a poll would be interesting, and probably not in a good way. It would also take over a year to complete.

Only JR would be able to cast an informed vote in the Air Supply poll.

• Like 1

Did I miss the Gerry Rafferty elimination poll?

No, that's coming next week, after the Christopher Cross poll.

I heard England Dan and John Ford Coley was (were?) next...

Buckethead? I'm assuming including him (and Air Supply) was a joke, but a poll would be interesting, and probably not in a good way. It would also take over a year to complete.

This needs to happen.

61muaq.jpg

• Like 2

Did I miss the Gerry Rafferty elimination poll?

No, that's coming next week, after the Christopher Cross poll.

I heard England Dan and John Ford Coley was (were?) next...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

• Like 1

Have you never heard Buckethead?

The problem is that he has 100s of albums.

I know. Once he started that Pikes series, like an album every week, I had to quit or my bank manager would have maimed me.

• Like 1

Yes, when I said it would be interesting and not in a good way, it was because he has literally 350+ albums, not because he isn't talented or pollworthy.

Seeing as we can have only 40 poll choices per question, we'd have a cluster*** for the first couple of hundred elimination polls. It would take months to complete, and we would come to hate Buckethead with a firey passion after the first month.

Eagerly awaiting that Men At Work/Village People cage match.

• Like 1

Yes, when I said it would be interesting and not in a good way, it was because he has literally 350+ albums, not because he isn't talented or pollworthy.

Seeing as we can have only 40 poll choices per question, we'd have a cluster*** for the first couple of hundred elimination polls. It would take months to complete, and we would come to hate Buckethead with a firey passion after the first month.

Eagerly awaiting that Men At Work/Village People cage match.

You'd have to give him his own subforum just to keep his threads from overwhelming the rest of the board!

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I think it's very telling that every single other poll option has at least 1 vote, including ones I've never heard of before (who the heck is Tiles? Threshold??), except for Buckethead. Anyone who knows enough about Buckethead to be interested in his catalogue knows doing a poll series on it (heck, even a single poll) would put TRF on life support! Edited by Entre_Perpetuo