New MUSE single

This is my first ever time where I’ve attempted to start a New Topic/Thread on the TRF and meant to put it in the

‘ Music of The Spheres ‘ section

doh !

( I don’t know how to move it LOL ! )

Moved.

What's the name of the song, so those that are curious can check it out?

• Like 3

The verses suck. Too Imagine Dragons for me. The Chorus is ok. Recalls classic Muse a bit.

but i don't think i really care. too many years of WTF have drained me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

The verses suck. Too Imagine Dragons for me. The Chorus is ok. Recalls classic Muse a bit.

but i don't think i really care. too many years of WTF have drained me.

Mick

Yeah Muse is a band I have limited tolerance for. OoS, Absolution, and Black Holes are classics but I gotta take it in small doses.

• Like 2

Wow, someone beat me to making a topic about it! Lol

Digging the heavy guitars, happy to hear Muse channel some of their more metallic influences. Loved Simulation Theory too, but more than anything I like when Muse provides variety, and once again they have swiveled into a new direction that I'm excited to hear more of.

The verses are fine. Nothing terribly special. I've seen a lot of people refer to them as Imagine Dragons influenced, and really I think that's a tired comparison in 2022. It's not an Imagine Dragons influence anymore, it's just the polished radio sound that many alternative bands adopt when they want to get some radio play. I'm not defending the sound, but I get tired of reading that some new poppy alternative song "sounds like Imagine Dragons" just because it's over polished for radio.

Rant over. Thank you for making the thread AAA. Don't mind the negative opinions. Many folks got off the Muse train years and years ago, and not much is likely to please them now.

• Like 2

This is my first ever time where I’ve attempted to start a New Topic/Thread on the TRF and meant to put it in the

‘ Music of The Spheres ‘ section

doh !

( I don’t know how to move it LOL ! )

Moved.

What's the name of the song, so those that are curious can check it out?

The Analog Club beat me to it ! :-)

I'm just glad it's not that EDM Imagine Dragons crap from that last album.

Simulation Theory has a heck of a lot more than EDM on it. Pressure, for instance, is just a good fun rock song.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Simulation Theory has a heck of a lot more than EDM on it. Pressure, for instance, is just a good fun rock song.

Good fun, or basic as f**k?

Good fun, or basic as f**k?

Can it not be both?

Muse is back after a one album hiatus.

Hell yeah.

• Like 2

New album announced. New single released. New interview given. Muse is back for the end of the world again!

Some important details. New album will be 10 tracks long, and reportedly only 37 minutes. New single is very very pop, but very very catchy and I love it to death. Like Undisclosed Desires mixed with The Dark Side but wearing a fake smile. I’m sure most of you will hate it, lol. Anyway one big confirmed detail is the album isn’t coming out until August (late August I believe). Which is a long time to wait, but I’ve seen at least one person mention the vinyl pressing backup and industry vinyl shortage that may have pushed the release back, or it may be they have plans for a super long and involved album rollout with singles and videos that tell a story. I’ll not be listening to any more singles until the album comes out, personally. Now that I’ve heard 20% of the album, I don’t want to hear anything less than 8 songs I’ve never heard before when it comes out.

Here’s the link to the new song: Compliance

• Like 1

Oh apparently there’s a slightly longer version? I guess they cut out a few bars for the music video. I thought single edits died out years ago, lol.

Here:

• Like 1