Alex's 'Envy of None' released their first single called "Liar"

Jag2112

The only reason I listened to it all the way through is because I felt obligated to given how much I admire Alex. Not really my cup of tea at all.
  • Like 1

Ok.. kinda better on today's listen. BU2B was kinda like that, wasnt too enamoured with it at first, became one of my all-time favs.nit saying this'll reach anywhere near same heights but better now, much more to it.

I love the hook. And the production.

This is definitely more enjoyable than anything else non-rush he has been futzing around with these past years. This sounds focused and interesting. I’m sure that the album will offer more variety. And this is a band, with a collective statement, not a solo album dudes!

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 2

I love the hook. And the production.

This is definitely more enjoyable than anything else non-rush he has been futzing around with these past years. This sounds focused and interesting. I’m sure that the album will offer more variety. And this is a band, with a collective statement, not a solo album dudes!

Agreed! I enjoy it. It's got a strong late 90s vibe, which is okay with me. It reminds me of Roland Orzabal's solo album, Tomcats Screaming Outside, or Emiliana Torrini's first album.

Alex feels absent. That honestly coulda been any guitarist. Even me lol.

• Like 2

I would rather have Penis Envy than listen to this crap. Lol! That's my new band name.

That sounds like one of the names Steel Panther thought about when they first got together.

Hahahaha!! I LOVE IT!! I think you are right! They used to be called METAL SKOOL and METAL SHOP. As much as I love this band, it suxxx that Lexxi Foxx quit the band. They are trying out new bass players now. Ugh.