Which of these similar-sounding 80's heavy metal singers is the best?

treeduck

Which of these similar-sounding 80's heavy metal singers is the best?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these similar-sounding 80's heavy metal singers is the best?

• Dee Snider
    • Kevin Dubrow
    • Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.)
  2. 2. Which of these singers is most similar to Noddy Holder from SLADE?

3. 3. Which of these singers is most similar to Alice Cooper?

I'm partial to Dee. His whole approach, look, and attitude, pretty much the same all the way though from Twisted's endless club daze on Long Island, through the commercial success, and then to the other side of it. Edited by grep
  • Like 2

I'm partial to Dee. His whole approach, look, and attitude, pretty much the same all the way though from Twisted's endless club daze on Long Island, through the commercial success, and then to the other side of it.

Same here. Great vids, too. Took on the PMRC in '86... :haz: Blackie Lawless, most like Alice Cooper. He even cited him as a template in an interview. WASP did have some good tunes. Blind In Texas is killer. Someone on Youtube has a great movie car chase vid using Harder Faster as a soundtrack.

• Like 1

I love Kevin too!! I saw Quiet Riot is a small club right down the street from me! Way before Kevin passed.

It was a dream come true! It was Kevin, Carlos, Rudy and Frankie! KICK ASS TOO!

I met them all after the gig! Everyone was cool except Carlos!

Kevin and I bonded on our Japanese Cd Addiction! So funny that we both used to get our fix from Ted's Records through Goldmine Magazine back in the day before the Internet!

Kevin was so nice!! RIP!

Frankie was cool too! RIP!

UGH!

• Like 2

Snider and Dubrow are pretty close talent-wise, although QR has a steeper drop in quality when you get away from their big album and the fact that 2 of their best-known songs are covers is a problem (for me). I think Snider would be (or have been) a better a guy to have a beer with, so he gets the slight nod.

WASP is horrible.

Back around 97 or 98, I was Christmas shopping with my then-girlfriend, now wife, in a store in Braintree, MA and a guy with long hair and a black leather jacket walked by me. I did a double take and thought, "I know that guy from somewhere." He walked over to 3 other similar dressed guys, and I realized they were Quiet Riot (the guy who walked by me was Cavazo). I thought about going over and introducing myself, but I thought they might be a little depressed at a 30-year-old telling them, "Man I used to love you guys when I was a kid."

I went Lawless, Dubrow, Lawless.

Nice! Makes sense about Dubrow and Slade. They covered two songs for Goodness Sakes.

I like Dee Snider though, I think he's the best frontman of the three. I should have put that option in actually.

• Like 1

Nice! Makes sense about Dubrow and Slade. They covered two songs for Goodness Sakes.

I like Dee Snider though, I think he's the best frontman of the three. I should have put that option in actually.

Dee is the best frontman. No doubt. I love his LIVE AT THE MARQUEE rants. He's a Legend!

• Like 1

Dee is the best frontman. No doubt. I love his LIVE AT THE MARQUEE rants. He's a Legend!

That's a fact!

• Like 1

That's a fact!

Absolutely!