The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

It's probably a bad idea for baseball to have a gap like college football before the WS starts -- I've kind of forgotten it ain't over yet.

I don't like either team, but I don't like the Astros more, so c'mon Phillies . . . I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

It's probably a bad idea for baseball to have a gap like college football before the WS starts -- I've kind of forgotten it ain't over yet.

I don't like either team, but I don't like the Astros more, so c'mon Phillies . . . I guess. 

If only the Yankees had been better there would have been a three day shorter gap.   But they weren't.

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

MLB:  Minute Maid Park roof closed for WS game 1, likely stay closed for game 2.

I remember when the Cowboys moved into Texas Stadium (with an open roof) Cowboy fans would arrogantly say that they didn't finish the roof so that God could look down and watch the Cowboys play.  (I can't believe an omnipotent God would sit idly by and let the Cowboys win...)

In this case, maybe the roof is remaining closed so that God can't see the Astros cheat.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, goose said:

If Verlander gets that expanded strike zone all game the Phillies don't stand a chance.  He's painting that just-outside corner

Looks like that pitch is being given both ways

Hope y'all took the under!

1 hour ago, goose said:

Looks like that pitch is being given both ways

Hope y'all took the under!

I think we're already over by the fourth...

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

I think we're already over by the fourth...

Lol.  I had a goddam social engagement, check my phone and it's 5-5 in the bottom of the 7th.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Wow!  Phillies hold on, 6-5!   Diaz called back to hit after leaning into a pitch like a cheater on a cheating team would then grounds out.

In St. Louis, Yadi does a face palm at his former teammate's attempt to play the game the wrong way.

Suck it, Astros!

1 minute ago, goose said:

Geez, I had no idea Philly was down five runs.  Saw the last four innings with no sound, trying to be a good dinner guest.

First things first.  Tucker hit a solo and 3 run HR in his first two ABs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Here's the play.   Pretty obvious call.  

They just can’t kick the cheating habit…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned