The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

lerxt1990

I did not see the previous post about Pete Alonso and his walkup song of WORKING MAN.  I am ashamed.  

BUT…..the announcer just described the line of Mets fans leaving as:

EXIT….STAGE LEFT.  

:rush:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

This Cleveland-Tamp game is nuts.

Didn't watch but while I enjoy a good pitcher's duel, there are limits.

Normally, I would have rooted for Seattle but after that classless display in Anaheim last June because of Jesse Winker, screw them.  Rooting for Cleveland in the AL now.

Spoiler

Apologies to driventotheedge.  You are sorely missed.

Edited by invisible airwave

This Brewer fan always loves to see the Cardinals LOSE.

Hey!  Y’all got to play two extra games than the Crew did!  :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Geddy Lee must be PISSED!!  

Blue Jays, shame on you!  

Someone in another Rush group captured this screen shot; he was at the game with his grandson. That would have been a rough loss to sit through. We must question whether he jinxed them, IMO by wearing a 1992 World Series hat :biggrin: :facepalm:.  Of course a former Pirate, Adam Frazier, hit the winning RBI double in the ninth.  :eh:

gJmXqN6l.png

Edited by blueschica

9 hours ago, blueschica said:

Someone in another Rush group captured this screen shot; he was at the game with his grandson. That would have been a rough loss to sit through. We must question whether he jinxed them, IMO by wearing a 1992 World Series hat :biggrin: :facepalm:.  Of course a former Pirate, Adam Frazier, hit the winning RBI double in the ninth.  :eh:

gJmXqN6l.png

Gotta be happy for all the Mariners fans though. The drought is over 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 9:08 AM, blueschica said:

Oh yeah! They played really well! :thumbsup:

The M's got a taste of that same medicine today, blowing a big lead late against the Astros.

4 minutes ago, goose said:

The M's got a taste of that same medicine today, blowing a big lead late against the Astros.

Yeah, that was unfortunate.  :sad:  I thought the Phillies game was going to be the same, but they managed to close it out with the Braves one run behind.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Indians - Mariners would make the ALCS much more enjoyable.  Phillies - Padres would allow me to not care who wins the World Series.

Afuqingmen.  The thought of Notlanta and the YankMes out of the playoffs is pleasing beyind compare!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Afuqingmen.  The thought of Notlanta and the YankMes out of the playoffs is pleasing beyind compare!

I don't hate the Braves because my Dad was a Braves fan.  According to him, the Red Sox were the team of rich blue bloods and the Braves were the team of what would eventually be known as the Reagan Democrats.  My ancestors lived in Dorchester and South Boston.  So not Sox fans. :smile:

• The topic was unpinned